engies to repair buildings

scottyd0011

afaik it's even mentioned in the handbook that engineers can repair buildings at once. ot it is written on the description on this page... dunno exactly, but I read it somewhere.

they are only effective vs small groups of planes.

most good harks will use like 20 planes to permanently wreck a base and they usually kill the ref in one salvo.  Meaning the engy wont have a chance to repair.  So it all depends on the amount of planes attacking.  Do a test and see how many shots it takes to kill a ref. Whatever that number is use that number as a guarantee for a kill... because it is the amount of planes together in one group that an engy cannot counter as they will destroy the ref in one salvo.

it takes 8 shots from a harkonnen plane to kill a fully upgraded ref if i'm not mistaken.... so therefore scotty should have been able to do it unless dawg (not surprisingly) hit it at the correct time to repair.

I usually keep engies around my refs if i dont forget it, ive always known this but alot of times i just forget until i see a bunch of ships bushwackin my base lol, but in other games i used them very effectively, even giving engies to my ally as his refs were in my base.

So keeping engies around is very useful, and if it turns out u aint gonna need em u could go "repair" some of the enemies buildings to find something ueful to do for the engies  ;D

it takes 8 shots from a harkonnen plane to kill a fully upgraded ref if i'm not mistaken.... so therefore scotty should have been able to do it unless dawg (not surprisingly) hit it at the correct time to repair.

no no slapy if  you read his post carefully you will see he took his 8 planes and divided them.  he sent 4 to one ref and 4 to another... if he had used all 8 on each refinery one at a time he would have killed the refs.

You could always take a light infaltry soldier and shoot ur ref once thus making it where a engee can enter to repair it.  So then if you estimate right and tell him to go early enough he could enter right before it dies thus giving full health again, but you gotta have a few more engees standing by to repeat.

Like most people and you cause I have seen ur gunships flying, most click on the building ahead of time.  So the gunships start forming a single-file line or well they get two by two, but anyway so the chances of 8 hitting at same time is not so likely.  As I said with luck if you time it just right after some hit it will repair even though more missles will come but quickly just use another engee if can. 

Not many people wait around for 20 guns anyway.  Only you do cause you needed that many to break through all my AA men/turrets. :P

• 8 months later...

the other day i was playing a game against harkdawg, where i was hark and he was ordos.  a while into the game i had built 8 gunships and sent them to his base, which was right next to mine, and sent four to attack each ref.  i noticed he had barely any troopers around each one, but instead a good amount of engineers.  as my gunships attacked the refs fully restored and neither one was destroyed, actually neither was hurt at all really.  the next day i played a game where gunwounds described how his ref was destroyed because his harv was blocking his engy from repairing it.

i never realized that you could do this and now i feel that it is a very effective tactic, especially with ordos against hark, as harkdawg used it.  i was wondering how many players that play nowadays use this since i have been playing for a while and just discovered it recently.  post with ur opinions

thanks sd00711

when u get attacked by a large number of ships , it is very hard to keep engie going into same ref to repair it , infact most of the time u will lose the ref anyways , but the good part is that those ships will have wasted most of their ammo and may not have enought to destroy anothr building