Announcement : Rewrite of project will start, heads up everyone!

stefanhendriks

i was afraid of that...

by the LOOKS of it, it looks like things are nearly finished. But these are visual stuff. When building a game its like this:

- you build your variables

- you make a 'drawing engine' with a primitive 'think' function (timer based) which controls the drawing animations (flags, etc)

- you make a 'ai' system for units, pathfinder, shooting, etc.

- you build a menu, map system, mission completion, etc.

I am at stage 3 , just arrived there, and its one of the hardest parts. Also, stage 2 is not really finished, like i have no bullets in the game yet.. which need a drawing system... etc. etc.

The game is coming along nicely. I will probably send out a primitive demo for debugging here. So people can spot early bugs and contribute to its development. So eventually the 'real' (finished) version will be bug-free.

I've already asked him a similar question and he'd be fine with it.  What doesn't make me an elder anyway? ;)

I suppose you're one of the good old guys too :) Why don't you ask him? (I just mentioned that "elder" stuff, because It's easier to get permission if you have some "respect" in the Dune community, AFAIK Nema has more posts on this forum than Gob himself.)

Gob will appear to have a greater or smaller number of posts more than me depending on who you are. Most people do not see his presence on the Editing Team board, Newt won't detect his influence on the staff board or his grip on the dungeon, and I have thankfully never seen Gob's fury in his Lair.

* Pre-Alpha version was released to the team only, for their help on 'getting an idea of the game' and 'how to use my gfx to see how it looks like'.

First ALPHA version to be expected when building works perfectly. The ALPHA version will not have any fancy battles, but it will be required to be tested a lot so the fundementals are good for this game.

VidiWare, which of his tracks do you mean? As far as I recall, we already have all the Dune II tracks. And for more, the Dune 2000 tracks are downloadable, and the Emperor tracks are extractable from CD.

First ALPHA version to be expected when building works perfectly. The ALPHA version will not have any fancy battles, but it will be required to be tested a lot so the fundementals are good for this game.

...and gives you a taste of the big arsenal of great features and the astonishing new graphics...

:)

VidiWare, which of his tracks do you mean? As far as I recall, we already have all the Dune II tracks. And for more, the Dune 2000 tracks are downloadable, and the Emperor tracks are extractable from CD.

...and gives you a taste of the big arsenal of great features and the astonishing new graphics...

:)

Just want to get a official permission to use his melodies in their original form and in homemade remixed varians.