if u were to remake emperor what kind of units would u add?

spazelord

spaze go back in your cage!!!  we are having a good convo here!!  ;D

Hear hear !

One unit I would like to see deleted is that damb unit/building limit in the game that stops you from making anything until you kill something.

Dont think thats a unit jeff, more of a unit limit  :-

I kinda agree with desert and skorpija,

giving hark some kind of mino/kobra >> hark badly overpowered

giving ordos better air defence >> ordos overpowered

IMO the balance is good as it is

i partially disagree , early ingame if hark is aggressive on the ground there isnt much u can do with ordos other than lose.

i think ordos should have longer range mines , and what i think would balance the game out early on is mortars without upgrade

i partially disagree , early ingame if hark is aggressive on the ground there isnt much u can do with ordos other than lose.

i think ordos should have longer range mines , and what i think would balance the game out early on is mortars without upgrade

i totally agree that mines(cheaper with longer range).But think about mortar cost just 100solaris now.IF it can make mortar without upgrade, buzz or trike with inf vs dust with mortar which won early game?

atr players have to make mino early,(cant go just mass trike with inf, atr players have few stragetical without mino against ordos)ordos can press hark early so get time AA trooper with APC.

It will happen all if mortars without upgrade with same cost 100)

pearl you are crazy.... ordos cannot "press" hark ....  hark will knock ordos into next tuesday.

and atr doesnt have to go minos early.... that is actually a folly.  Atreides can go mass inf and trikes and sards  just like any other house.  But since the trike is the weakest tier  one unit they will eventually lose if they dont eventually upgrade to minos.  But they dont have to start out with minos.

what i think would balance the game out early on is mortars without upgrade

If I member right the barracks upgrade is 800.  Just make a barracks first and upgrade right away before you place your ref and start upgrading it which im sure you've done.  I haven't done that in a while so I can't remember if that 800 upgrade hurts ur income or not.  Unless it effects your income badly then I don't see why it should be taken away.

Back in the day , I used to do the old bar fac ref ref , and i'd make 2 or 3 scouts ,3 gas ,1 engi ,5 morter ,10 dusties ,and rush them all to the persons base; as they got out of the factory or barracks. And I saw that morters very early, makes the game very uneven. And you can just sit in someones spice feild and weight for yourself to get better units ; like lasers or kobras. So that would make every game into just a race to someones spice feild. And why would u wanna do that lol. Thats just my thought.

On fishers 7 of the 8 rocks have infaltry rock close to the base and on the other rock you might could get to the inf rock with mortors but it wont help ur base.  Anyway if u get say 10 atleast mortors on the rock before I come with like 5 saws then ud probly kill the saws since it would have alot of splash damage unless I keep them moving.

hey dark...,

the problem is, that ordos cant hold hark in some cases. if a even skilled hark player is right next to me, he will bring his units out and i have to do a head on fight wich i will loose for sure with ordos. i cant hit n run so much if he is next to me. so the only way to hold a early rush r mortars imo. there r some ways to have mortars verry fast bar ref fac upgrade bar imidiatly and make 1 extra harv first to dont run zero. thats ok, i can mostly fight a hark rush with it...but i still need some luck....

I'm just saying that it's  unbalancing the harkonnen being they only have a flamethrower. Because then u can just slowly walk across the sand and he'd have to go early inks to stop u and waste money and time on buying them.