if u were to remake emperor what kind of units would u add?

spazelord

well, if u have a mino like that, i wanna have a deathhand, wich i can built for 350 solaris right after the barrack, and the explosion should be able to kill a whole base in 1 shot with a reloading of 10 seconds.

Vilgent: left hook, jab ,jab, counterblock push, Right uppercut,swing right , Round house

Mordx: jab, jab, Block, Right over, right round, left hook, jab.

Gunwounds;"this thread just gets better and better"

USA fight night

Heh, if you want to make it really interesting, have it where you have to choose what mech's, or even inf. your going to use each game. What I mean is have the ability to choose any mech from any house for your factory build list before each game. Same for inf. Would add a whole new level of strategy I would think. Besides just BO's and battle strats, you would have this as well.

Oooh damn, almost forgot a freakin medic would be nice.

Heh, if you want to make it really interesting, have it where you have to choose what mech's, or even inf. your going to use each game. What I mean is have the ability to choose any mech from any house for your factory build list before each game. Same for inf. Would add a whole new level of strategy I would think. Besides just BO's and battle strats, you would have this as well.

Oooh damn, almost forgot a freakin medic would be nice.

reading this and the balanced thread is interesting!!!

IMO the scar idea has some merit and would make an interesting feature if a new game was made but with a slight variation on the theme. if each house had 10 units and you could select any six from the list to be produced on planet and others were only available from spaceport that would add a new depth to the game.

Each house has to have a shortfall to counter its advantages thats what keeps the balance or else every house would be exactly the same. Surely that's what makes the continued challenge for this game.  :)

If devs had mino range and speed they would be almost unstopable (until someone came up with a counter stratergy) ;)

Each house has to have a shortfall to counter its advantages thats what keeps the balance or else every house would be exactly the same. Surely that's what makes the continued challenge for this game. :)

Like I said, make all the houses the same and be done with it.

I am suprised at the players here talking about making Ords stronger in AA power. I think that was deliverately left like that to give us some differences in the houses. If the ords house had a AA turrets like the other houses it would erode another piece of uniqueness from the game.

But as for scarmans idea about limiting the number of units in a game by asking players to choose, that would be different.

Well the medic idea was a bit much to ask, but maybe a medic just for  regular inf. so they could actually aquire level-3 status?  I think the only other way to add more balance to this game is to use or for alot of people start using LW. I myself don't care for it, but I think we forget it was meant to play a large role in balance for EMP.

Lets start using the other settings too. We played a few games (I hosted) with Fog of War. Some people moaned, all played, I think doompower won, but it was a nice change.

Nothing wrong with using what emperor has outt here for us to use before looking for tonnes of new features  :P

no, No! not the Fog of war, lol.

So, we all usually have no settings on.But suddenly we are starting to put pre builts and fogs and LW back on as if we are becoming noobs again?

COZ (seriously) the noobs do this. :D

My main problem with LW is that you cannot defend yourself against the Shai Halud worm... (the vertical worm) because it shoots up vertical from the ground eating your best units.  Even fast units like guild cannot escape the vertical worm because all units in the vertical worm's diameter get shocked and paralyzed before they are eaten.  So you cannot even teleport guild out to save them. And the vertical worm always goes for your best units.  And did i mention you cannot kill or stop the vertical worm?

And not just the vertical worm... but sometimes early in a game regular worms will plague someone's spice field early on.  How would you like it if a worm ate all your harvies in the first 30 seconds of gameplay?  Not very balanced is it?

So between vertical worms eating your best units with no way to counter and with regular worms eating your harvies in the first 30 seconds before you have enough firepower to kill them and with sandstorms eating all your AA in your base and usually only plaguing one person.. i would say  LW is one of the worst things you can activate in game.  It will UNBALANCE everything IMO.

And that is happening to the other person as well, the big difference being how well you both handle it. I am shure a better player will easily overcome the corrolis winds and shai-hulud worm (as it screws your best units).

For FOW I think it just adds that extra dimention of strategy to the game. Yes scouts are needed now a lot more and many more people will go bar first, but the player that goes fac first can go scout hunting and by the time it really matters, the fac player is likely to have bar too...well, thats my opinion anyway, doesnt look like much is changing in the game play yet, its still the same setts as always.

I doubt in a 3v3 that every player will have a harv eaten at start or that later on that before a battle everyone will have there sards caught in a tornado.  It may effect everybody at one point in the game but not all at once so then it unbalances it.