if u were to remake emperor what kind of units would u add?

spazelord

I slightly agree with jeff on the harvs having a gun. But I think having a gun like a vehicle would be asking the harvs to acually fight rather than to pretect itself with a gun of a saw or dust.

IMO it could do with a pistol or 2, for pretection like the engineers have for pretection. 8)

I agree madenod .. a pistol type gun would be better for the harvy than a buzzsaw gun.

An Atreides AA trooper. Don't even begin with the ridicule, Gunwounds. It's a simple fact the Atreides *NEED* one. Know why? The drone. Sure, great device, great power, whatever. But the issue it Atreides vs. Atreides is by far the most interesting and strategic combination of all the houses. What ends up happening is drones limit the Atreides player's capibility to expand into their strategy and game of warfare. As a result, the basic outcome of many of these games, whether in 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, etc. is that the one that builds the drones first wins. Where's the element of thinking outside of the box there?

Did i just understand u right, because drones come out on the feild u think that takes over the game, i dare anyone to try to drone me when im atr, if your a skilled atr player u can take the atr, drone rusher and eat him up, seen it done many times by countless people, try drone rushing spaze or jeff or guns. what happens they outnumber u in the ground and your f'd, belive me

buddallah the game as surpassed even the elite droning capablities of what used to rule.. it comes down to skill, plain and simple whos better then who, not how much u have, ive seen jeff take out huge armies with light units, why because we know how to micro. so atr needing aa trooper, would make atreides unstoppable.. plz try to contradict me on this plz...

Goose!!!Ā  Heard of goose you haven,t? :PĀ 

Sardcore is a player who doesn't drone rush till later and he always has some goose guarding his air when he is atr and I'd say 90% of the time he keeps his carrys.Ā  While the other player is makin drones he already has loads of bikes/inf/and sards which I've seen him run over the other atr player with many times.Ā  You would think by makin goose you can rush in some bikes and kill them but he has other units to stop you.

Behold the goose!!!Ā 

mongoose-sm.jpg

Mord, considering you never could touch me, don't be telling me what an Atreides player can do, I'm quite fluent. A mongoose, give me a break. Where's the practicality behind it? Nowhere. Too expensive, too slow, and it takes away from the mech production unless you're good with them, to which few Atreides players ever were.

Drone rush bo's = bar,ref,fac,hangar,drones / ref,fac,hangar,drones / fac,hangar,drones which allows for only drones being build.Ā  So while they the other person is making bar,ref,fac,ref,sards then all they gotta do is make like 2 geese first then some bikes then 2 more geese for extra cover 2 in spice, and other 2 spread at each of ur 2 refs then more bikes.Ā  The only bo that is a true threat to you making geese is bar,ref,fac,hang since they will have bikes faster then you but you would have the same amount of inf.Ā  So unless they rush you then making geese want hurt ur mech production. By not goin drones and makin geese cover you have more money so faster swap to minos.Ā  Maybe you can see this and then maybe you can't.Ā  But the goose is a sufficient aa ground unit for atr.

Not against drones early on. Even a half-assed drone player can fly circles around two or so mongoose's range of fire.

Drone rush bo's = bar,ref,fac,hangar,drones / ref,fac,hangar,drones / fac,hangar,drones which allows for only drones being build

My point exactly. It defeats basic Atreides strategy and makes one or both players be fearful of drones and end up just exploiting the Atreides for the drone. Excuse me, but dispite what players of today think, that's not the power behind the Atreides.

All my point was is that atr has a ground aa unit and that it is enough for me but maybe not you, I wasn't getting at that because of drones it doesn't show atr full power, just that atr has a good ground aa unit becuase it is also useful for other things that aren't seen so much.Ā 

Drones can be flown around aa men to unless there is a sufficient enough mass of them spread.

Never could touch you. ROFL! if i recall last time i seen u on, i wiped the floor with u and you left, havent seen u since, ohyeah i was hark, and u were atr, we were right next to eachother on spice bowl, and you being fluent back in the day with atr, does make for the lack of playing u have been missing over the months, atr players have evovled learning actually how to play atreides rather then try to drone rush, or mass mino, ATR does not need AA TROOPERS, that would make the game very unbalanced.. and vilgent if u want to prove this "you couldnt touch me" theory im on all the time..

Never could touch you. ROFL! if i recall last time i seen u on, i wiped the floor with u and you left, havent seen u since, ohyeah i was hark, and u were atr, we were right next to eachother on spice bowl, and you being fluent back in the day with atr, does make for the lack of playing u have been missing over the months, atr players have evovled learning actually how to play atreides rather then try to drone rush, or mass mino, ATR does not need AA TROOPERS, that would make the game very unbalanced.. and vilgent if u want to prove this "you couldnt touch me" theory im on all the time..

Oh yes Mord, I forgot about the three days or so where I came back after what, nine, ten, eleven months? Funny story too - I don't PLAY Spice Bowl. There's nothing unbalanced about that at all. And fluency with the principals of Atreides isn't talking about evolution of strategy but rather foundation of facts. And with these, Mord, I'm more knowledgable than anyone of this board with Atreides.

To bad for ordos they didn't make the pop-up turret with a longer range and make it AA capable.Ā  It could be the ordos aa turret, you know be exactly the same but longer range to reach the air, and just be able to aim up.Ā  I don't think it would need a new bullet.Ā  No need to design a whole new look to one I say.Ā 

If it is effective enough against gunships them I'm sure any ordos would.Ā  Say if the price stayed the same $1200 I think most people would make a turret then 12Ā  aa men.Ā  Making 4 turrets would be alot more and quicker against early gunships then making 48 aa men when you would probly need mortor against hark to survive on the ground.

If I see gunships coming at me as hark then I make a few well placed turrets and it does a good job rather then sacrafcing my ground infaltry units.Ā  So a aa turret would be definetly used.Ā  It's already been said that alot would like a ordos aa turret but I was just putting in my opinion on what it could be like.

Im not understanding how you can say your so knowledgeable about, Atreides, you were never classified in most peoples eyes as a, spazelord, or even coming close to a harkdawg, im sure either one of those atr players would teach you a lesson, and as far as you not being there for countless months, you still had no skill at all in early game. period. you dont lose all your skills when u live just the really endgame fine tuned ones.. and yes everyone i know that playes ordos would use aa turrets. handsdown save on the wasted time of aa troopers being built, when you could have mortors or gas being produced... if u want i'll let u get your "game" back and we can take this to the game rather then bicker on site...

I think it would be best if ATR minos were invisible like fremen, and can shoot air like missle tanks, and can move like lasertanks, and fly, and build like saws and cost 350 solaris with no upgrade. That would be best in my opinion. Leave all other units the same. This will make balance in the game. :) O ya, and have on board leech maker too, that would be cool.

I think it would be best if ATR minos were invisible like fremen, and can shoot air like missle tanks, and can move like lasertanks, and fly, and build like saws and cost 350 solaris with no upgrade. That would be best in my opinion. Leave all other units the same. This will make balance in the game. :) O ya, and have on board leech maker too, that would be cool.

Well I'd only agree with this, *if* the minos stayed invisible when firing, didn't have a "reload" time, had the ability to squash inf by flying over them, as well as had a laser for armored units too.Ā  Then I'd agree :)