if u were to remake emperor what kind of units would u add?

spazelord

1. i would make tanks that shoot like guns and missles at same time.

2.make ordo air defence turets and quicker air attack. ;D

3. make better SW for atrds. sucha woosy SW its got. :-X

any more you can think of let me know? would be cool to know.

Hark tanks are far too vunerable to infantry would add amachine gun too it. Give hark a repair base like in origonal dune game.

Improve sonic tank speed and armour.

Hark apc air to air missle and stronger armour and slight speed increase.

Ordos mines multi shot caperbillity and no self destruct but a reloading platform.

Improve armour on refinery building with each upgrade.

oh and sort out the bugs. ;)

First I would give all engineers a pistol. At least minimal self defense if nothing else.

2nd I would give hark some type of artillery unit. Atr has minos and Ords has cobras. I know the inkvine is supposed to compensate. I still think hark needs some artillery.

3rd I would make an AA turret for ordos(as stated by brick).

4th I would make worms much more resistant to small arms fire. As it is now a worm can be taken out by a few snipers, but a missle tank doesn't hardly do jack to it. That doesn't make sense to me.

Finally, a little of the topic of units...But I would add a random map feature in custom games.

Also the sniper isnt killing the worm.  The sniper is actually aiming for the rider not the worm. Once the rider is dead the worm goes back to the sands.  Thats the reason for snipers being so effective vs worms.

It takes 2 sniper shots to kill a regular fed.  It takes 17 sniper shots to kill the worm or the fed riding on it.  Your telling me that they miss the first 15 shots and get hits the last 2 even though it shows the worm health decreasing.

I agree guns that the game is well balanced hence the lasting appeal.

Any remake or new game would have too keep that balance but by introducing all the changes to all the house it could be kept balanced and by reloading platform i mean as the hark planes do. i think atr drones too should have to reload at the base.

for the sub house maybe a sard tank of some sort. guild makers well a bit more speed and telx men definately need changing slighly batter armour and a bit more speed or the ability to mimic the unit they change like facedancers. fremen should have a hand to hand weapon like sards.

1. i would make tanks that shoot like guns and missles at same time.

2.make ordo air defence turets and quicker air attack. ;D

3. make better SW for atrds. sucha woosy SW its got. :-X

any more you can think of let me know? would be cool to know.

I would make about 2more sub-house get to be useful like a fremen n sard. I will remake guildmaker n contaminator more good. Guild NIAB need to be some weak.(IMO it health about 1500 )anyway

My thoughts of spaze post

1. IF buzzsaw cost more expensive,(about 400) i agree with

2. its good idea ordos has quicker air attack but i dont think ordos has air defence turret good. atr or hark turret is not just useful stop air-bomb units(like a gunship)but defense for drop rush coz their grounded units so slow. But ordos grounded units so fast that it can stop drop rush well by mass dusty with laser.

AA mine with APC cheaper against mass gunships I will make.

3.atr HS is best effective superweapon of all IMO.

@Alchemi-->  man the idea about the atr drones having to reload on a orni landing pad is a fricken great idea.  I would vote that idea into the game right now if it were possible.  I would say give the drone like 15 missiles (so 1 drone could kill 3 carries) and then it has to reload after that.  It would suck when the drone missed or something but hey thats life.  And it should have same reload time as the hark gunships.  Man alchemi thats the best idea i heard all 4 years.

Hmmmm now lemme think.. One thing that has always annoyed me is that snipers shoot at everything unregarded the target beeing infantry or tank, turret or plane beeing on the ground and what not. I was pleased to see that in generals the snipers shot only infantry, as they are meant to do. And Harkonnen artillery.. ahum LOL  as if those damn inks arent annoying enough when u are atr, and with devdrops i'd say u got a pretty mobile heavy artillery if u are a lil handy in managing them. I cant rlly think of any stuff that should be altered, cept for some minor issues that we deal with anyway, though ordos air defence always looked weak to me, a fleet of gunships smash right through and blast ur base anyway, unless u have masses aa, wich on their turn weaken the army u should be having outside coz u spend so much on aa. As for the rest, IMO emp is pretty balanced as it is. Though the thought of a sequel has a nice ring to it  ;D.

I think it's perfectly balanced too, the only thing I would think about adding would be minimal protected harvs and or carry-alls. If nothing else just to deter camping spice a little, and drone rushers/users to have to actually maneuver drones a little more instead of waypointing 1 early to ones spice. I'm not saying make harvs and carry-alls like attack vehicles but just give em something, and only in a well balanced way. I don't see what it would hurt. Other than that, it's perfect IMO.

a note involving the harvesters themselves:

what about fixing the default fire thing with harvesters (where all your units will automatically shoot at the harvs first, even if there is a target closer, or at the same range.

and also fixing the black border thing, and maybe the flame thrower bug (even though that one isnt exploited like the others).

I think it's perfectly balanced too, the only thing I would think about adding would be minimal protected harvs and or carry-alls. If nothing else just to deter camping spice a little, and drone rushers/users to have to actually maneuver drones a little more instead of waypointing 1 early to ones spice. I'm not saying make harvs and carry-alls like attack vehicles but just give em something, and only in a well balanced way. I don't see what it would hurt. Other than that, it's perfect IMO.

Hmm interesting... maybe a tiny gun turret on the harvester sorta like in Red Alert.. i think the soviets had a harvy with a gun on it.  Pretty funny.

Right, and what little of RA2 I did play I remember that you don't send a few inf. of some kind to the Soviets harvesters or very close or thier dead. I mean you knew those weren't that hard to kill, but you also knew they would mow down some units.  :D  I dunno maybe for Emp. 1 house could have turreted harvs, one could have air to air protected carrys, maybe the other have a cloaking ability for harvs n carrys ? I dunno, but it could be done I think in a balanced way.

A balaced way for that I say is give every house's carry the ability to repair.  As for the harv, give it the weapon that is on the dusty/sandbike/saw(not two guns like the saw but one) and that it also has the same short range.  Put the gun on top of the harv and give it the ability to shoot while moving.  If you have like 5 harvs or more in a field it would be great for inf and small units which don't damage the harv much but as for sards and tanks it wouldn't do all that much.  Just give these abilities to each house and it stays balanced IMO.

I slightly agree with jeff on the harvs having a gun. But I think having a gun like a vehicle would be asking the harvs to acually fight rather than to pretect itself with a gun of a saw or dust.

IMO it could do with a pistol or 2, for pretection like the engineers have for pretection. 8)

Scar suggested the gun not me, I just gave my thoughs at what kind.  Giving them a pistal is just like having no gun at all cuase the damage it does just sucks.  The pistal has a very small range to so most units would never get effected except those stupid infaltry that run right to the harv when it sits down then they get squished. :P

I love hark... however their inability to repair is very frustrating... gotta agree with Jeff all houses should have a means of repair.  My emp copy arrived today ;D, 

since i was an avid Ra2 player back in the day; I can agree to adding a light machine gun on top of the harvy, the gun should be able too mow down infantry and do minor damage to heavily armored units. 

someone said two more subhouses just as effective as my sards and fremen, not a bad idea 

Give the sards a tank for shits and giggles :D 

Ordos need  good defensive turrets, and sure why not give them a gunship/ornithiper type unit as well. 

AA increased for all sides except ordos.