hot keys??!!

thesnake

These are the hot keys that are used when playing the game. From here you can set which key performs the function you select. So for example, normally with the "o" key you would give your partner some units. You can remap that to another key from this screen.

To remap - if my memory servers me correctly - just click on the function (transfer units ?) and press the new key to assign.

Now when you go to the game, you can use the new key and the old one will have no effect.

Is that what you meant ?

yes they are important. you can also perform some actions just by using the mouse... but you can play muc faster if you use the hotkeys for scrolling through the 3 build menues or selecting your unit groups, bookmarking map places on larger maps and so on...

Use them in game to select the three main tabs (men, vehicles and buildings) using Q, W and E respectly. Once you start doing that, learn the other hot keys. Use them becuase they make playing the game easier, and everyone lese does, and if you dont they will have an advantage over you.

ok, guyes thank  you for helping me. but i think you keep missing the point and i must say its olso my fult, bad spelling and the way am asking. so i will put it like this:

( haw do you activate the hot keys) i mean give me the keyes combo  coz its not on the manual, well only control f1 for marking land then what???

can u put it in a  refrence keyes  chap  like  for ex :  control+f1= marking land  then i will decide what i need to use coz now even if i want to use them i dont know what to press?  and thank you erjin.

Well, for the most important ones (my opinion, anyway !) Q, W and E, there are no other keys, just start the game and press them, If you have the buildings (barracks, factory and conyard respectively) the tabs will change. Thats it. The same goes for most of the other keys. Try the Stop command, "s". Click on a unit, tell it to move anywhere far. Highlight it while it is moving and press "s". It will stop. No ctrl or shift or anything, just "s". Now press "x". It should move a random short movement. Thats another example.

For the others, they will show you how to use them in the keyboard configuration screen in the main options screen.

So to define a group of units, so you can move them together, select a few units, and press "ctrl+1". Thats it. Now right click to deselect. Press again 1. You have just reselected the group.

Just post back if you need any more help or if I have misunderstood you again  :P :P :P

guyes you just dont get it . look i know all the kyes refrence i have the game manual ok!  just forget about that .all am talking about is the inside game keyes menu were u get to it from the main obtion menu in the game it self. it  has a section called hot keyes and when you scroll in it it define f1 f2 f3 ec as hot keyes, well hot keyes for what? i learned that the f1 f2 ..ec is for marking map only do u guyes use f1 f2 .. ec for anything eals exept marking sand ??  thats all :-(

I think what redpanic is trying to get at is the Bookmark function, and what uses it might have...

As far as I can tell, the only uses for the F1 to F10 buttons are as bookmarks.  These are quite simply patches of land (possibly units?) that are 'bookmarked' by placing a numbered marker.  These markers can be placed anywhere, and they can be very useful in both campaign play and multiplayer games.

To set a bookmark, simply hover over the area you wish to plant a marker, and press CTRL + F1, F2, etc.  If you wish to move the camera to this spot again, simply press the appropriate F-Button, and your view will center on the chosen bookmark.  Practical uses for this are marking where you think an enemy's Construction Yard is by sound alone (for future Missile launches, perhaps), being able to quickly move from base to base to keep an eye on your enemies, or placing markers in your spice fields to ensure your harvesters are adequately defended.

I hope this is what you were looking for. :)

guyes you just dont get it . look i know all the kyes refrence i have the game manual ok!  just forget about that .all am talking about is the inside game keyes menu were u get to it from the main obtion menu in the game it self. it  has a section called hot keyes and when you scroll in it it define f1 f2 f3 ec as hot keyes, well hot keyes for what? i learned that the f1 f2 ..ec is for marking map only do u guyes use f1 f2 .. ec for anything eals exept marking sand ??  thats all :-(

Well that clears it up (!) lol !

"all am talking about is the inside game keyes menu were u get to it from the main obtion menu in the game it self" - so thats the keys menu from the options ? Fine.

"and when you scroll in it it define f1 f2 f3 ec as hot keyes, well hot keyes for what?" - You made me crank up my emperor and check now. Right you are, there is a section labelled "Hot Keys". The short answer is buggered if I know  :P

The confusion came from the fact that we refer to all of those shortcut keyboard keys as "hot keys".  ::)

"and when you scroll in it it define f1 f2 f3 ec as hot keyes, well hot keyes for what?"

You made me crank up my emperor and check now. Right you are, there is a section labelled "Hot Keys". The short answer is buggered if I know  :P

Glad to be of help  :D

If there is anything else you need help with just ask  ;) ;)