Oh The Irony!

Imperial Sardaukar

I'm sorry but I don't feel a bit of sorrow for the guy you fell out of the car. His dumb arse shouldn't have been trying to door that kids. If I was the kid I would have walked up and spat on him... insult to injury. Dumb ass got what he deserved a nice plate full of instant karma...

"Instant karma

Ideas like that arn't very far fetched. If you remember, in Ancient Rome, they would have Gladiatoral Battles, arming slaves with weapons such as swords, axes, and maces, and sometimes giving them light armor, and sending them against each other. Or they would feed people to the lions and tigers.

The most interesting part of all this though, was there was no cost of admission to enter the Collisseum, the stadium where these bloodsports took place, you could get in for free. I mean, we pay hundreds of dollars to watch people throw a ball around. But in Ancient Rome, we could watch people being decapitated, eaten, slayn, impaled, burned, and run over by chariots for FREE.

The only disturbing thing about this to me is not the headshot of the boy but the total lack shockingness of us all (including me) we are not shocked at all, we see it we laugh we move on.

The other day I wached the news and heard another 10 peole where killed in an terrorist attack in Iraq, It did nothing to me I watched it and listened to the news and I went on not disturbed at all.

We have come so far but are we better than the ancient romans, we still love the violence (in ou sub-concious mostly) and we are not shocked by it. we still want o see blood and suffering ( we all watch the news do we not..)

oh and imperial sardauker they also had a dwarf chasing a fat lady from the audience with a poited club

The other day I wached the news and heard another 10 peole where killed in an terrorist attack in Iraq, It did nothing to me I watched it and listened to the news and I went on not disturbed at all.

Remember around the beginning of the Iraq war when one soldier was killed or injured  a week it would make front page news and was talked about all day long?

Now 10 soldiers die a day and they only mention it then move on.

Society has become desensitized to this occurrence.

Society as a whole has become desensitized because of what is shown on television and other media.

The fact that the kid was not wearing a seatbelt makes him stupid.

The only disturbing thing about this to me is not the headshot of the boy but the total lack shockingness of us all (including me) we are not shocked at all, we see it we laugh we move on.

Thats what I meant when I said about bringing on the reality shows with death on to TV. We are taking other peoples misfortunes for entertainment. I guess part of it is that "if the guy really got hurt, they wouldnt have shown it. Its always the stories where the guy survived that they show us on TV". So we assume he was fine afterwards, so we can laugh. If we found out he died shortly after, I guess it wouldnt be funny, and it wouldnt get spread like that so openly (it would get spread, but I wouldnt get involved).

Emotional and Moral numbness. We have become desensitized by what we see every day on TV and in the Real World that when something that used to shock you and leave you emotional a wreak, it doesn't even phase you at all.

But in this case, yeah the twat had it coming.