Iran

I dunno what you know... but I've just heard it's official: USA will invade Iran. NO SHIT! Both invaded countries so far: Afganistan and Irak have borders with Iran, so, I said Iran would be the main target.

Rumsfeld said that when the "American people" voted for Bush again, they wished the war to continue.

HEY GUYS!!! GUESS WHAT!!! AN ADMINISTRATION THAT DOESEN"T CARE ABOUT WHAT THE PEOPLE HAVE TO SAY ISN'T DEMOCRATIC BUT A DICTATURE.

You're in a shithole. Get out on the streets! Look, the ucraineans changed something... the french go out on strikes any time they don't like some new law. You should make a stand, for your country's sake.

...like USA doesen't have enough enemies as it is...

Have a nice day!  :)

I've not seen anything saying we're invading Iran.  I saw a story we're doing covert actions inside it, but that's been happening for thirty years anyhow.  The Iranians are making a bigger deal out of it than Bush is. Plus Iran actually has and would use WMDs...

But to play Devil's Advocate, I believe in 2005 or 2006 US forces in Iraq and Afghanistan will invade the Islamic Republic of Iran because Bush has it on his hit list, and months ago, British troops refused to invade it at a U.S. General's order over disputed territory with Iraq. 

The news apeared in "The New Yorker", the article been written by Seymour Hersh. I understand he won a Pulitzer when he revealed the massacre the US troops did at My Lai in Souther Vietnam. He is the one to open the world's eyes about the Abu Ghraib abuses. So I think we can trust him.

There are covert ops in the last six months led by the Pentagon, 'casue the CIA has to report to the Congress, while the Pentagon has to report only to the PResident. They were send in at Bush's order. They are to target several nuclear facilities for bombing. The US guv doesen't deny it... but says that the jurnalist is over-reacting and "innacurate".

Also, in the article it is said that US sees the region as a HUGE theatre of war, Afganistan being one campaing, Irak one campaing, and now, Iran, another campiang.

I read it on one romanian news site... so even if I give you the link you won't understand a thing.

http://stiri.kappa.ro/unde_mp__articol/id__21869/id_domeniu__5

Don't worry, I'm at my university library and have the latest issue of The New Yorker right here.  I wonder if they did find any of the underground facilities for bombing? 

If Bush is smart and I've never acknowledged that he is he'll not enter a war with Iran.  If he's feeling "I'm the President, who's gonna stop me", it will be an utter bloodbath for both nations involved.

I thought Irak would hold up for more than this... but it all ended quite quick.

Maybe Iran won't hold up much either.

And the MORON will unite all the iranians around Khomeini if he attacks. He should have supported uprisings and revolutions against the regime, instead of full-out attack.

We will invaid Iran.  That is a given.  I don't want the u.s. to invaid but we have no choice.

You're in a shithole. Get out on the streets! Look, the ucraineans changed something... the french go out on strikes any time they don't like some new law. You should make a stand, for your country's sake.

I know a lot of people who publicly voiced their opions about the last 2 wars, but no one listned.  So it is not like we arn't leting the goverment here our voices. 

And to may people our pissed off about this "scocial sercity" buisness to even care about another war.  It is all about the $$.  No one cares if we kill some people half way across the world aslong as we get some money.

Well, the war is about oil => money for Bush, Cheyney, Rumsfeld, and the others... their companies...

And you can do much more than protest verbaly. Go out in front of the white house. Several thousand people are bound to gather from ALL around the USA if there would be a rally against Bush. I can't believe that you are so fatalistic.

"There has been written. Bush has decided. We can do nothing."

And you're right about the money. The holy dollar is now the highest moral value.

So, where's the HONOR???

Well, the war is about oil => money for Bush, Cheyney, Rumsfeld, and the others... their companies...

And you can do much more than protest verbaly. Go out in front of the white house. Several thousand people are bound to gather from ALL around the USA if there would be a rally against Bush. I can't believe that you are so fatalistic.

"There has been written. Bush has decided. We can do nothing."

And you're right about the money. The holy dollar is now the highest moral value.

So, where's the HONOR???

I would go to the white house and voice my opinion but I don't have the money.  And thousands of people have gone to the white hosue to voice their opnions about that last few wars.  I don't know exactaly how many went, but i know a few people who have gone.  In my home city hundreds of people walked from a local university to our captial to protest the war.  It was a big deal for us. 

The major media largely ignored it, but a larger protest than any during the Vietnam War marched on Washington D.C. during the leadup to the Iraq War.  If I was in charge...I'd try doing what you said if I were to go after Iran, support the student protestors who keep getting squashed by the government.  Anyone remember the massive street protests the other year that rocked Tehran several nights on end?

I doubt Bush will invade Iran even if he could.  We simply don't have the troops to do so.

Furthermore, he'd be dooming the Republican Party in the midterm elections if he decided to invade.  If there are conservative Republicans in the House and Senate willing to break with the president on social security reform, there will be a helluva lot more that will break over something costing thousands of American lives (if Iraq is the baseline example).

The Iraq venture is already a complete failure: what incentive does the Iraqi people have to build democratic institutions if the US has acknowledged we will stay in their country "as long as it takes?"  Why do it themselves when we can do it for them artificially and at the point of a gun?  This lack of social capital will mean that upon our withdrawal, the system we put in place will collapse.

I know... It would be a total disaster for you.

And more profit for Bush. And his acolytes.

You do realise that their companies rule the USA, right?

It's starting to happend over here too. I want freedom not this F****G capitalism that's crushing the individual.

After this dictatrship of the companies I reckon we'll all be ready for a state dictature.

And that's totaly wrong.

What a load of bullshit. If Bush wants to blow up Iran, good on him, at least he'll do it a lot quicker and with less death than when (not if) Israel does it. Because there's a middle eastern arms race hotting up between Israel and Iran, with both of them WMD equiped.

You don't get it, do you?

This is not about the power of a man. Not about his ideas. This is aout the fact that all this war where people die, and everyone is miserable is because of greed for oil, money, etc.

People die for some scumbags, THAT WE KNOW AND SEE EVERYDAY, to get even richer. The thing is they lie into our faces. Not a little bit of shame. They clame the war is the will of the people? BULLSHIT!

IF Bush were a dictator doing things his way... yeah, right... shit happends.

But the mororn is doing everything to get richer.

WTF is he going to do with ALL those money? Is he racing with Bill Gates or something?

That moron isn't stupid. How else did he become the President of the most powerful country in the world. People are dying under the Iranian regime, through the terrorism Iran funds, through the weapons that are supplied by Iranian fundementalists. Expect a new coalition of USA, Britain, Israel and Australia to lead the way in taking out this threat. They're developing Nuclear weapons, and they have the missiles to take those nuclear weapons into Israel, and if you have any idea of the kind of people who would be in charge of these weapons, you must surely see the concequences of this.  Israel could be decimated with a few missiles, and its not just Israel that would be under threat, US or other coalition soldiers in Iraq would be under threat, as well as any nation deemed to be friendly to the US, like Turkey.

"That moron isn't stupid" LOL :D

Well, I think the WMD that Iran has might be just as real as the ones Irak had.

And I don't see any agresion fron Iran. Afganistan and Irak didn't behave agresively either but they were taken out. I wonder how long until US attacks Russia, Libia, Pakistan, India, North Korea, etc etc.... any power they might have some disagreement with.

If Bush wants to blow up Iran, good on him, at least he'll do it a lot quicker and with less death than when (not if) Israel does it.

I suppose Iraq is an example of that...

That moron isn't stupid. How else did he become the President of the most powerful country in the world.

It isn't required for a person to be an Einstein in order to even be considered for that post. If you have the contacts, the contracts and lots of cash in your hand among other stuff, then you're welcome to try.

People are dying under the Iranian regime, through the terrorism Iran funds, through the weapons that are supplied by Iranian fundementalists.

People are dying in the People's Republic of China. They have a bad record of human rights violations. China, just like the Soviet Union, have nukes. They are also "communists". They have the largest standing army in the world.

Hell, what is China except a Soviet Union itself? Only with Chinese instead of Russians?

Yet, they are completely ignored. Why is this?

They're developing Nuclear weapons, and they have the missiles to take those nuclear weapons into Israel,

Firstly, how do you know, what proof do you have, that Iran is developing nuclear weapons?

Second, what is it to you if Israel is under a threat or not? Isn't that their problem?

and if you have any idea of the kind of people who would be in charge of these weapons, you must surely see the concequences of this.

It is interesting to note that no nation, except the United States itself, have ever used the nuke in war. Russia developed it, knew America had an "opposing ideology". China developed them too. Surely Iran wouldn't be that dumb to attack any of those countries - let alone the United States. It's just as stupid as sending troops to the other side of the planet to wage war over oil...

Israel could be decimated with a few missiles,

It is widely believed that Israel have nuclear weapons. In this case, it is Israel who have the upper hand in this matter - already. Iran, at least, confirmed it's nuclear program. Also, note that Iran's program has been going on for decades. So them having uranium is not a new story.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran%27s_nuclear_program

...for Iran.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_and_weapons_of_mass_destruction

...for Israel.

US or other coalition soldiers in Iraq would be under threat,

Another bad reason for going there in the first place... if you want to look on it that way.

as well as any nation deemed to be friendly to the US, like Turkey.

Yeah, the first thing Iran would do is to go on killing spree...

I wonder how long until US attacks Russia, Libia, Pakistan, India, North Korea, etc etc.... any power they might have some disagreement with.

A smaller number of Brazil's population is already fearing that kind of thing:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazil_and_weapons_of_mass_destruction

No, really - as long as countries are being exploited, having "free trade" with each other, copyrightning every inch of you and your family and your country, then they'll stay out of the game - for now.

It isn't required for a person to be an Einstein in order to even be considered for that post. If you have the contacts, the contracts and lots of cash in your hand among other stuff, then you're welcome to try.

And get voted in for a second term, I don't think so...

Firstly, how do you know, what proof do you have, that Iran is developing nuclear weapons?

Don't be so naive, they've got the capability, and many leading Iranian goverment officials have mentioned it.

Second, what is it to you if Israel is under a threat or not? Isn't that their problem?

I have a lot of respect for Israel, and just think of what's in it as well.

It is widely believed that Israel have nuclear weapons. In this case, it is Israel who have the upper hand in this matter - already. Iran, at least, confirmed it's nuclear program. Also, note that Iran's program has been going on for decades. So them having uranium is not a new story.

The Israeli's got nukes as a last resort, only to be used if their whole country was overrun by enemy forces.

Yeah, the first thing Iran would do is to go on killing spree...

Do you know what kind of people run the Iranian military?

A smaller number of Brazil's population is already fearing that kind of thing:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazil_and_weapons_of_mass_destruction

Also on the link provided:

Some factual claims in this article need to be verified. If you can do so, please leave a note on the talk page or adjust the article text as necessary, and then remove this notice.

US will probably attack Iran, because Bush is a fucking idiot and we all know it. US forces are already spread around the world and I wouldn't doubt that such an invasion would cause high casualties and high chance of a nuclear cataclysm. You speak of using nuclear weapons as a last resort. Well, if your country is invaded by the US, you bet your ass you'd use those nuclear weapons and you'd use them well.

That Bush is stupid for invading yet another country. The USA media would be all oo and ahh and probably wouldn't go up against the government simply because the media is controlled by rich people who get richer because of the government. Bush would probably nuke Iran.

How is Canada evil? (signature) If the explanation is long maybe a new thread.