Age of Empires III Officially Announced

Desert_Eagle25

Originally Posted by http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/01/04/news_6115619.html

The newest installment of popular RTS franchise from Ensemble Studios set to conquer gamers in the second half of 2005.

Microsoft Game Studios today confirmed what it had been hinting at: the upcoming appearance of Age of Empires III. The title is the newest chapter in the line of real-time strategy titles from Texas-based developer Ensemble Studios (the same shop behind the Age of Mythology franchise).

Age of Empires III is scheduled to ship in the second half of 2005.

Gamers will once again take control of a European superpower as it attempts to colonize and conquer undiscovered worlds with new graphics and battle physics.

Age of Empires III is set in the time period directly following Age of Empires II: Age of Kings, ushering gamers into the dawn of the Industrial Age. New units will include rifled infantry, cavalry, and ocean-faring galleons.

I like, because I prefer the sound of gunpowder to the sound of swords on chainmail.

Guns > swords.

Depending on what age the stop at, this may be the last AOE game.

I mean, there are no EMPIRES anymore after about the Modern Age/Information Age. Pretty much about after WW1 or 2. When did the British Empire become the UK?

Svibor gave me a screenshot of this game. Looks good.

Sure a person was as big as a building, but the gameplay was the best for it's time.

Hehe, but thats half the fun!! For example, I can't be bothered to find my people hiding under trees, so I think its great that they are the same size as trees. On the other hand, I don't see why High Contrast has to make scroll bars fatter JUST BECAUSE you can't read text well. I'm not retarded ffs. >:(

• 8 months later...

That's why I won't buy it right away. Don't remind me of why I bought TFT (I got WC3 as a gift). It was decent, SP wise, but the children on Bnet make it suck.

I borrowed Warcraft three over the summer.  I'm not gonna lie.  I was one of those "clidren" on Bnet that made it suck.

I'm sorry, but it was so much more fun to go on and on about how my allies are the best people ever and we're all awesome and will be the bestest buddies aand such and then attack them.

I just found it funny.

Truly... well that is a disappointment. Admittedly team killers are the worst of the bunch. They deserve immediate termination. Well ok, maybe that's a bit drastic. But they should get spanked at the least!

I'm not gonna argue with that.  It's true.  I was the worst kinda troll.

But they took the game so seriously, I couldn't help it.

How do you tk in warcraft? Do you declare war against a player? or simply ctrl attack units or tell siege weapons to fire at a position?

Shouldn't the teams be locked?

Ctr attack.

To start I usually built towers and that in there base, particualrily on the path to the mine.  There peasants kept dying and they couldn't figure out why....

• 2 weeks later...

Ctr attack.

To start I usually built towers and that in there base, particualrily on the path to the mine.  There peasants kept dying and they couldn't figure out why....

It's official. Mahdi is one of the most vile and evil people to ever lay his hands upon a muti-player RTS.... I think I love you.  ;)