Asia: our thoughts are whit you guys

Tako

mostly about milletary aid given they don't want the isreal army

deattoll now: 82.000 and climbing (officials say it will go up to 100.000)

also many toerists are hit so to them also out thoughts are whit you if you have reletives ot friends them

man... one of the worst catastrophies to ever meet all of our generations, probably the worst single catastrophy of our century. I am praying for all of you out there, and God bless you and keep you all. Especially to our fellow believing brothers and sisters out there in need. I will try and send money to the relief funds.

lets just hope that hte prayers help to protect from disease and plague.

Watching those home videos was frightening. Watching people die. People holding on to something in the water, only to be swept away.

Was in the newspaper that my economics professor, who was from Sri Lanka, might have lost family members. Affecting many around the globe.

The thing I don't get is why you never hear of companies that make 300+ million dollars in profit a year donating any money towards disasters. I'm sure McDonalds could match any donation any government in the world provides. Oh wait, the investors must not want that. Greed. Profit, ROI, ROE. Wow.

http://www.blogsnow.com/dotmov.html

how about Bill(f###in) gates? he has so much money he does not know what to do whith it, let him something good with it!

He 's givin it away anyhow

Bill gates donates all his money towards research for malaria. I think he has donated almost 1/2 of all his money towards charity.

EDIT - Bill gates donated 3 million dollars.

PepsiCo donated 1 million. Guess some companies are getting involved.

and the y should too, but also goverments are donating and a lot of nomal people too ;)

In holland tonight is a special on t.v. to get money for asia, celebraties etc.

good job, going to donate myself also..

done my donation.

money is good for the medium to long term. But what is really needed now and fast is man power to clear all the dead bodies (to stop desease spread, 100,000 is alot) and also in trying to organise shelter and ditribution

The US is being critised for only donating $35million, with the UK now donating $98million BUT the US has redirected USS Abraham Lincoln and troops to help with such a task

It's not out duty to donate any funding at all. We're being nice as is, plus we have our own issues to worry about without spending it on yet more countries.

And pay attention, please: http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/12/31/us.aid/index.html

its not our duty? thats the reason why this world is so fucked up! We don't care anymore >:(

We have a moral dury to help those people as we would expect that they would do for us!!! :-[

Actully it would be a good dision militarily as well being that indonesia and the african nations that were hit are heavily muslim, whats a better way to stop terrorists then show them how much america cares for the poor and the hurt? America should donate 350 million not only to be nice, but it will increase that portions of the worlds opiion of aamerica.