Easier Emperor Worm?

gunner154

My friend told me that the more territories you control in the game (or something like that), the more reinforcements you'll get when fighting the emperor worm. Will I even get reinforcements, and if yes, will it really be easier? Because if it doesn't get easier, I should just rush to the capital...

• 5 weeks later...

oooooooohh...yes i know this mission >:(....horrible...dont you anybody know how to win it? :- i was playing it for house harkonnen and i thought its impossible to win that map :'(....so dont you know...?

in my opinion the last mission is far easier than invading a homeplanet of another house...

you should build up good defenses (also INSIDE your base because of the niab tanks)

an easy way for house harkonnen is:

wait for your reinforcements in the southeast, destroy the living turrets there with your devastators, make a good waypoint route from your base to the southeast to the north then to the northwest and drop in 4 devastators with adv carryalls... they shoot the worm and mission is over.

of course there are a lot more "strategies" but why should you care about the enemy bases on the map if you only have to kill the worm to win?

yes..but that defence must be very strong becouse i had devastators and gunturrets on the entering areas and when the ordos, atreides, tleilaxu and others launched joint attack on me i hadnt chance to defend my base...

and i think that Rocket infantry enoughts against NIAB tanks...

in the beginning there are only attack which you can block with some units an turrets. also use the ixian projectors to create additional devastators so the enemy shoots at them too or better the devs shoot at the enenmy before they disappear after being hit the first time.

the stronger attacks are starting later and by this time you should either have finished the mission or have a strong enough force to repel the attacks. first choice prefered. try to play faster. the first time I played single player I always took a lot of time to defeat an enemy... after a while I started rushing the enemy very early (this doesn't mean you should rush against the emperor worm with 10 buzzsaws and some infantry  ;D - just try to improve your gameplay and play faster, watch your build order, make sure to simultaeneously produce infantry and tank-unit and air units but take care you don't run out of credits...)

maybe you should play some skirmishs against the cpu or play online to train this and after some fights you'll handle the emperor worm mission very easily.

If you want to use ixian projectors, please use them on missile tanks, not devastators! Devs are far too slow to be projected efficiently and quickly, and the missile tank's weapon, which is the most important thing when projecting, is the more powerful.

I always projected both of them. in the beginning some devs because they have some time to move before the first attacks start and also some devs for the inner base against the niabs. after that I projected rocket tanks...

Pff, a Rocket Tank Projection is superior to a Dev Projection in every way, except possibly rate of fire, which only matters if the AI is using good loss leader tactics. And even then, you can probably project at least two rocket tanks in the time it takes to project a dev. (Ok, the projection time per se is the same, but the sloth of the latter means there's a much greater delay between projecting the first and the second)

with harkonnen or any other house, i used advanced carryalls to drop Devastators near the worm and thats it, i didnt even build base. THats the easy variation.

I also tryed the other way, by killing everything on the map and saveing the worm last. Unfortunately there is a time limit, when i had 75% of the map cleard i had to kill worm otherwise the time runs out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The easiest way to win this mission, ive done all of them on easy medium and hard, is to defend build alot of infantry units, and cheap tanks at first.

Then take over the base next to u, rather then trying to send your forces through that mess, remember u are timed so u have to do this quickly, get a second add on base and things will run mush smoother, then just build heavy tanks and feds and u will be fine, believe me

The Worm Clock countdown doesn't start until u advance passed the gap with Telex turrets. so u can capture the base below start point and use it. just defend your base and captured base and spice fields and hold the enemy just after the gap. until you have the force you want to win.

Easiest is to airdrop the worm on mass and wipe out feeders and worm.

more challenging is to do it with fremen or sards alone it's possible within the time limit.

I've only managed once to wipe out everything and then kill the worm and it was darn close.

I was taking about playing the end game without using manipulation of game facilities/tricks or cheats.

Try playing the whole campaign on just on game speed (no pauses) best i 've managed is game speed 7 all way through. On game speed 8 on my comp, devs run and minos are sprinters it's quite funny but almost imposible to beat due to Telix. ;)

You don't really have enough time to build up defences. The problem is if you train fedaykin, you don't have enough time to build up defences and get harvesters going. (havs get attacked by enemy units while harvesting spice)

with harkonnen or any other house, i used advanced carryalls to drop Devastators near the worm and thats it, i didnt even build base. THats the easy variation.

I also tryed the other way, by killing everything on the map and saveing the worm last. Unfortunately there is a time limit, when i had 75% of the map cleard i had to kill worm otherwise the time runs out.

You have to build a base. How else would you get advanced carryalls?

I totally agree with seargent daaaawg on this! I have said before that you can kill the worm using the three devs you start with, by air dropping anywhere you want them.

And it doesn't take much time coz you don't have to build much. Just do a hanger bo. If preferable do it in a lower game speed. 8)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I always beat this scenario the same way.  After building up my defenses with armored units and turrets I build a whole lot of sardaukar and feds and throw them down the alley. I can usually take out the worm in one, maybe 2 goes with the maximum of units i can select. 

well, i love to be attaked like this from the ai, its the perfect practice,to make a good dune player,i which if the  ai  would attack like this in all misions, and i hop to see a patch that can do this, at games like dune2 . and dune 2000, on hard level you get attaked like this at planty of missions right from the very start i belive its impossibble for some nobs to finish those  games on hard .i dunno why the ai in ebfd turned to be so freindly . i guess EA made westwood do it this way so they dont scear peapol off the game or maybe because  EA  games was it self a nob in dune games.i mean look at you guys just posting tuns of stuff for that single misson i remeber at dune2 any normal misson was juse even harder than this one and talking about the final missons on those games is just a nightmare .anyway i think its very eazy as well to finish emproworm by rushing all units from the start i never bulid anything exept deploying and make couple of turrets

• 1 month later...

Reinforcements are:

North East:

Sardaukar Squad

Fremen Squad

Smuggler Quads

South West:

Personal House Reinforcements

The amount of units will always stay the same

So does that mean I should just rush straight to the capital after getting my allies?

• 5 weeks later...

that was the easiest mission ive ever done (im ordos  :)) i just rush the 3 starting 3 chevron kobras (they move fast) my lasers and the 3 apcs with inf in them straight through the turrets making a hard turn to avoid the captures atreides base then pummel the worm...it was easy...

• 2 years later...

Playing as Harkonnen:

I could not figure out the Emperor Worm. The voice says at some time: Use the Engineers ... but how to get them through? If you attack Ordos at South right away, they are already guarded, and if you use a lot of time building up your base, you are attacked, and the Ordos base gets stronger...

Well, I used some of the hints posted here, and solved it quickly (about 7 minutes normal speed) as follows: First start the base in the upper corner of the rock, add refinery (+upgrades), and a factory. Make a good portion of buzzsaws and some tanks to protect against the first attacks. Make a hangar, upgrade, and make two Advanced Carry-alls. Now save the game. Then take an empty Adv. Carryall and use it as a 'scout' and try to find a way without anti-air to the 'nose' of the Emperor Worm. For instance first South, then South East. If you lose the Adv. Carry-all, begin again from the saved point. When you have found a safe route, start from the saved point and take a Devastator along it and drop it in front of the Emperor Worm's nose. There are no units to protect it at this moment. Get another Devastator with the other Carry-all. Bring it the same way to the Worm. Now with both Devastators launch an attack on the worm, and within a short time, it dies. Easy, but I don't understand how people can do it the 'slow' way ...