When did you first arrive at this site?

Mahdi

My first visit to the site was at the beginning of 1999. But I didn't look in the forums until january/february 2000.

Come to think of it, I never visited any other site for such a long time. FED2k leads by nearly a year.

I remember coming here when Dune 2000 was just announced, back in early 1999. thats when this site was totally different, it wasn't even at dune2k.com . what was the original URL gobalopper?

this sites gotten a lot better since and this is one of the best sites on my list!

The first site was at geocities.com/something/TimeSquare/8644 I think. Then it was ww-underground.com/games/dune, then dune.ww-underground.com and finally I was given the dune2k.com domain by the previous owner after they didn't like the game.

I first visited this site in Feb. '98 after doing a search on Dune 2000 ... it was first Dune 2000 site I had visited ... I can't remember if it was still the only Dune 2000 site at the time.

I didn't start posting on the boards until about June that year ... and I have not stopped bugging Gob since :P

My nic was "Mr. X" back then and about that time we got a some (mostly) Dune 2000 discussions goin with myself, Gob, ex-Dune 2000 and Septerra Core fansite webmaster Drakker, Sniper, Fishface and the infamous Baron Harkonnen :) ... which is before that old board link Gob gave in the his post.

Those were the days, I didn't have full-time employment, and my CD-ROM was buggered, so I had some plenty of time on my sleeves ... ask Gob :P

A few months later I changed my nic to "Munch", and finally got a new CD-ROM drive so I will be able to play Dune 2000 when it came out here (which took a month longer to reach my shores).

I didn't become a staff member until about June '99 and about sometime after that I got sick of my pseudo nic, and change to my real life nic of "Davo".

When I first started posting, the message board had just been changed... so I don't think I have any posts on that old forum that Gob talked about.

Edric O was my first "stable" nickname, from back when Dune2k was first released. And I never changed it since. I use it on all the forums I visit.

Speaking of nicks, I always wondered: Gobalopper, where did you get your nickname from?

Oh, and... I WANT MY PROFILE BACK!

I think around about mid to late 98. I was doing a search and found some of the other Dune sites and I was not very interested in any of them. I came here and went to the forums and Edric O and Shaddam were squaring off for what was maybe the 100th time. The next thread over Mahdi and (v)echa Dragon were involed in all out war. What more could you ask from a Dune site.

The first time I went on this really well done site was jsut a month ago ( so youc an call me a newbie in a sense). Personally this site really open my eyes to the upcoming ( well basically already out... But I can't get my hands on it until tomorrow )Emperor: Battle for Dune. All I have to say is thank you FED2k!

Indeed, FED2K is (and has always been...) the best website dedicated to dune games...

Even if most of the people who come here are only interested by Westwood games, I think this website main strength lies in its wide coverage of everything that is related to the Dune universe (and of course, the dedication of its webmasters).

Futhermore, FED2K is one of the very few sites that know how to focus on CONTENT before everything else.