Yet another Win XP problem

lol76

I used to play this game for hours on end and just recently reinstalled it. surprise surprise it wont work! I noticed the stickied post on how to get it working on xp. However I want to play online which I can't do if I am in 1.4. Someone pleese help.

P.S. I attached my DxDiag file

My problem is the infamous problem that the game won't start on win XP. I only have 1 cd drive, and I don't use NAV.

Lol ! Which infamous problem on XP ? There are loads of them, they are all infamous ! Is it the one where, when you start EBFD, it kicks you back to the desktop after showing you a black screen, like it wants to start...

Erjin my first post when i talked about 1.4. I was reffering to the fact that after using the install patch your stuck in version 1.04 and therefor you cant play online. The moment I upgrade empire to 1.9 it wont work anymore. So i need a fix for 1.9 so I can play online.

aha, information, now... what happens when you dont use the install patch ? You install it normally and then upgrade to 1.9 ?

Normally you would install using the patch and upgrade to 1.9 without issues and wouldnt be stuck (if you needed install patch, that is).

I can install it fine without the install patch, I just use the emperor.exe included with it. When I use the 1.9 patch it overrides the emperor.exe file from the install patch and I can't run it anymore. Basically I need a fixed emperor.exe that works for version 1.9. Ive tried using the fixed .exe file that comes with the install patch with version 1.9 but it wont let me start.