engineers artwork.

AMIgaBot

Writing "DUNE" with engineers is a good one. I like it very much! But when I saw the swarm of engineers on the other picture I thought "J.C. I'd never do something like this..."  :O :O :O How could you do it AMIgaBot? I'm considered a patient and calm guy, but even after the 10th minute I'd have lost my temper. It must have been a really hard work. All my respect goes to you, pal!  ;)

nefud to make engineer lake i played 4hours , one ai i dont killed cause i need them to keep game alive but i just made stuck enemy barracks and sometimes doing killing harvesters to keep control on ai. so is extremally hard with engineers cause you need make about 3000 engineers, u can try count, soon i put screenshot of engineers placed to ger text "dune" ... so if u get ablee to play just tell me and i answer u how to do that. im waiting.

lets do, dont wait anymore, you should play now. so one question

do u have installed SP2, and directx 9.1b? i using windows 98 SE, directx 8.1 , when i used 91. they online says me out of sync, when i got old directx 8.1 game  worked fine to moment when westwood online died.

oh that is disc problem, lol u can make engineers artwork if ya download dune2k from nahoo.co.uk but when u install game. u need get 1.06 patch from ftp.westwood.com/pub/ so im not sure that work too. make backup copy of all programs on disc , and try reinstall windows xp, cause you cant feel  engineers parade :/ i have savegame of engineers parade but you cant play by ur crap system(damaged i think), if you have illegal hard disc, or motherboard i dont know what to do . so repair ur wins***t xp, and get playing dune.

regards  bot

AMIgaBot: I don't think there's enough room here for me to say thank you! The website you mentioned was alive, the download sequence of the game was perfect, and the game's running like there was never a problem before. Thanx again, dude!

problem solved, now go to ftp.westwood.cpm/pub/ and download dune2000 1.06 then get no-cd patch on shygirl4 site and enjoy playing .  and yet next tip, when you want create screenshots you need play game on 16bit because program like paint  cos paint is unable to write 8bit screenshots (they write them but with changed grapchics= messed up colors) if u use 16 bit, u gain same effect as in my screenshots ,  best fun is playing with 5ai on sietch tabs, funreal plain, barons court, halleck ridge, tuono basin, habbanya erg too (nerthh not work cause ai  like to eng you!)

if your game is working. you can use mods, but first thing what you need are lessons of making modifications in tibed , they is little hard and easily mess up game. im gonna create mod for you. they get  super strong trikes,raiders,stealth raiders, heavy factory give you 400 of power(like wind trap but more) construction yards get extremally strong armor(almost invulnerable) and few more

i have idea for map called "nefud" but  you must accept it, i want make huge map (128x128 , very high spice sources, many things like rock formations, ridges,flanks, bridges and one labirynth.

i want make map specially for you. i did many maps for dune2000 (for shyglr4 and drfsimmsy too) i making cool maps and this one what i want make would be best, i have plans what to do.  ps downloads of fed2k are still down.  get patch 1.06 from shygirl4 site. no-cd patch too. lets see how much u can make engineers lol

im working on map,  they have 8 spots, some spice, rock formations, sand formations, its easy to defend own base. is not finished yet because i i want connect all those things via bridges and u have spice in own spot.

i know im not best with making maps but this one will be one of the goodest. is some messed up because i got drunked,

to use this map you need med2k map editor, save this map in dune2000/data/maps then open med2k , goto that dir where is that map, select it and add map to d2k or something button. and vuala. map is added.

evry spot is separated by rock formations( that help you to get safe from engineers.

added text "nefud" twice (small letters and huge letters) some bridges are, but  probably 95% of map is filled with spice.and many more stuff

map is called "nefud's palace"  on that map u could do engineers artwork too. u could on that big map write adress www.dune2k.com/forum/ but you need use 5engineers in one column  (i used that to write text "dune" using engineers :P this map is alpha version. if ya find some bugs tell me about them and i make better version of this map.

[attachment archived by Gobalopper]