What Irony!!

gunner154

Just now, I played a four player practice match in Tuck's Sietch as Harkonnen, against 2 Atreides and one Harkonnen computer players. I crushed one Atreides pretty early, leaving me with two enemies. After heavily attacking the Harkonnen base (and failed, but wiped out much of the enemy army), the Atreides player followed up my attack and wiped out half of the enemy base, including con yard, but not starport.

Later, I built a huge army and attacked the Atreides twice and killed him, before moving on to the last Hark enemy. He still had no construction yard! The only production buildings he had were a single barracks and a starport. I destroyed those two buildings and some turrets before he sold everything to attack me. Suddenly, a crate appeared, I picked it up, and it contained an MCV!!!

LOL!

Heh, that is ironic. :) The comp has always seemed to have a hard time getting a construction yard back up once the starting construction yard has been blown. Even with a Starport, or a heavy factory + repair pad combination, it always seems to have to be left alone for awhile while it saves up some spare solaris for an MCV. Sometimes, it even orders two MCVs from the Starport. :P

During the same game, something really weird happened. The second Atreides that I was attacking... I destroyed their con. yard. Then my forces got reduced to a couple of missile tanks and a devastator, so I hid them in one corner of the base while I sent reinforcements to continue the attack. Then they BUILT a construction yard! They built it! No MCV! This happened twice, and happened only for the same player. A bug?

I remember a QM game, where i found in the beginning an MCV in a crate, in the enemy base..

The trick was to hide it for three minutes, and then deploy it in his base

It was a bigger piece of land, and he never scouted the back of his base  ;D

Hehe, i won that game ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Any of you guys ever seen the computer willingly picking up a crate? Because I have seen the AI sending units to a location, and on their way they came across crates, and picked them up. But I've never ever seen the computer running for a crate...

I've seen what I think is the computer deliberately sending units to retrieve crates. Units like Trikes, Quads, Raiders, or any other reasonably fast units have often been sighted moving directly towards and retrieving crates. I know this because sometimes I have retrieved crates with my own units, then retreated to the safety of my base, only to see an AI Trike move to and stop directly at the location the crate was at before I snatched it. :)

If the AI unit manages to pick up the crate, it stops at where the crate was for awhile, before moving away several seconds later.

in ordos mission 9 mercenaries to my base sent a "reinforcements via carryal" because when i send my troops to atack emperor on center of map, then i saw text mercenary leadeR: we're losing too many men! , when i looked at mercenary base they half was destroyed by atreides units( they moved across mine while i looked into emperor base but i not saw any atreides unit cause i got taked out outposst by  harkonnen trike and quad. then after few mins  mercenaries lost all buldings except starport and refinery, i tried save some wind traps but was too late. at end atreides airstriked mercenary refinery and destroyed it.  i made mcv and i deployed on mercenary base, i built many rocket turrets to defend their starport cause they haved reinforcements, when i checked mercenary starport for repairing( 3hits by  missile tank and stop )they repaired it that mean they have moneys.  but something strange is in other map ordos mission 9. when mercs have outpost,barracks, factory,starport,refinery,4silo and few silo & turrets.  why they dont purchase an mcv? i had to modify game by switching on quad ability to deploy to construction yard. and they got conyard. so why tthey dont purchase mcv via starport? thats too strange .