what are the endings of the 3 houses on dune2000??

piterdevries

sardaukar? Hmm.. they cost a bomb... and they do jack for me.

I'm better off with grenadiers... stealth raiders are good too... but dont really need to build. use the ones you start with and you're fine.

Am I off-topic? Fine.

Personally, I love sardaukar! However, somehow, they seem to be no better than light infantry for me since they often get killed too fast... I always like to get about 10 sards and send them on suicide missions. gives you the dune feel... if you ran into an equal-sized group of fremen you're damn lucky coz that's what happened in the movie (though the numbers were larger)

Still off-topic? :P

Dune2000 is not known for its movies... lol

Atriedes----> ornithopers (the little aircrafts) destroy the emperor's palace.

ordos----> a saboteur destroys the emperor's palace.

harkonen----> simple tanks (not even devastators...) destroy the emperor's palace.

I personaly like the emperor, he has sardaukars which are the best infentry in dune, mix them with the right units and you have an almost unstopable devision.

No story behind the ending? Just crushing the palace?

Heck, seriously, I'm tired of playing the campaign. They are nice for a while, but later it gets too hard. I prefer Practice. Now even more so with the patch that allows you to listen to dune2000 music in practice mode too. Music loops too. Fight for Power is NICE!

I personaly like harkonen rise...

I'll give you a few tips of how to play better if I may, 1 barraks light factory and heavy factory is not enough, having 3 of each of these buildings makes the building speed faster, thus you have more units to attack with.

Never stop building, the most precious resorce in dune is time, you shouldn't waist it!

The seconde tip leads to the third, build many many refinerys to gain more money which enables you to follow tip 1+2.

Last and most important tip: have fun playing! :)

Your tips would not apply you see, 'cause the I always lose at the mission I'm stuck in very early when I get rushed by the computer (infantry rush in one, some huge attack in another, and some attack from all sides in another, all VERY EARLY).

Anyways, I'm tired of campaign. Just playing skirmish now :)

harkonen----> simple tanks (not even devastators...) destroy the emperor's palace.

It really looked to me like the Harkonnen stage outside of the Emperor's palace with tanks (including Devastators). Then the Death Hand missile is fired, and that's what destroys the Emperor's palace. The Lady Elara uses the voice to 'persuade' the Emperor to release the Sarduakar into battle, against the will of an Imperial commander, only to have them slaughtered by the Harkonnen.

The Lady Elara uses the gom jabbar to kill the Emperor while she is seducing him in the Ordos victory movie, by stabbing him in the neck with it. I think the Emperor gasps "You bitch..." before he dies from the lethal injection. After the Lady Elara leaves, an Ordos saboteur arrives and blows up the palace.

lol all are about palace. i think why not other type of bulding lol. like if ordos win, they destroy atreides palace and harkonnen palace, if harkonnen win they destroyed ordos and atreides palace  if atreides win they destroy ordos and harkonnen, and in ordos mission 6  there shall be movie about mercenary camp what are working with you :P

The whole point of the Emperor's competition was to pit the three great houses against each other. He intended that they would fight and weaken each other to the stage where he could move in and finish them off, effectively removing all major threats to his position on the Goldon Lion Throne.

I guess the ending movies all wanted to make a point of the Emperor's deceit being uncovered and punished by the house that managed to defeat the other two, and escape from the Emperor's ultimate trap.

You would think that basing a game over a book is an easy job for the movie constractors, the whole story lays in front of them!

For someone like me, who played the game before reading the book, basing the movies on the story-line will make the game much better, its a shame they didnt invest more to it.

Does emperor has a better story?

As much as I know Emperor has more or less the same scheme for victory. On the last (or one of the last - I can't remember now) you have to defeat the Sardaukar and kill the Imperial Worm (which is a huge, mutated worm.)

The thing why I prefer WarCraft3 to Emperor is that in WC3 the campaigns follow each other in a line and unlike in WW games the aim is not always the destroying-everything-that-moves idea, but achieving a goal, which is suitable for your race.

I think buying sards is good, because they are good at slaying infantry units very fast. Too bad they weren't made uncrushable by tanks such as tesla troops in Red Alert.

The thumper infantry is used to deter the worms from your base and from your harvesters. Place one to a distant part of the map, if you want to neutralize the sandworms, but if you want to use them as an attacking unit do the following: deploy a thumper infantry close to the enemy base. After a few minutes/seconds a worm will arrive, and it will go for your thumper. Now undeploy the thumper and re-deploy it closer to the enemy base. Keep on doing this until you run into enemy, base-defending vehicles. They will kill your thumper, and by doing this they will have the worm attacking THEM, because it has no thumper to follow.  ;)