Favorite Subhouse

Timenn

What are your favorite 2 Subhouses?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favorite 2 Subhouses?

• Fremen
    • Guild of Navigators
    • House Ix
    • House Tleilaxu
    • Imperial Sardaukar

You'll find that there are dozens of threads with the same name on this board. But now finally there is a poll about this subject.

Everyone is allowed to cast 2 votes, but if people prefer that only 1 vote may be casted, I will change that.

Sards + IX

Imperial sards rule. I think brennq was famous for them, and everyone uses them as they can really help win games, more then other subs. I didnt go for the other favourite, fremen, cos they are not as effective and take too much micro-ing from me. I prefer guild or Ix, I love ixing peoples asses when they dont expect it, take out whole chunks of bases.

Seriously though, there is only one house I have to have, its the sards.

hehe, i was the first 1, who vote for guild...lol....never use em, but they r my favourites.

brennq & sards??? that reminds me how youko was trying to copy that "all-or-nothing-sard-rush"...hehe

sards rulezzz   

peace

KALONY

Now players are using leeches a bit more then before as well. I think we get used to playing without most of the subhouses and when someone comes along and IX's the 6 shades of "poo" (8)) out of us we get suprised, same for leeches and any of the other houses we are not used to.

Us lesser players of course, not all you elites.

Is leeches becoming more popular...or is it that kalem333 is playing more? He is the only one I see use them. Aside from kalem, the only house I see every game is sards. It is part of most players normal build order. Like most I choose fremen and sardaukar but I only seem to get around to making fremen in a long game. Most games are over before I get around to making them.

About Kalem, well, he might have started the revival but I have seen others using it to. Now that he doesnt lag, its good that he is playing more and using leeches.

Also, I agree with you on the Fremen being used in long games, later in the game. Thats why I prefer to choose another house that I can use in short term, like IX or tleilaxu...

Leeches can become annoying, beccause they require micro-ing if you are not atr with repair vehicles. Usually I just shoot the blood suckers off. I was fighting in a game today against leo and until his ally (yes, kalem  ::)) leeched me, I was doing ok, but from then on, bam, I was out of it.

Ix is different as there is nothing to do to defend from that after the device has gone off, just block off the entrace, but the leeches require action, which gets on my &^%'s.  :P

hehe, i was the first 1, who vote for guild...lol....never use em, but they r my favourites.

brennq & sards??? that reminds me how youko was trying to copy that "all-or-nothing-sard-rush"...hehe

I voted for the Guild... And yet the poll shows only one vote...

nowadays sards r the first subhouse. after that comes the fremes and theilaxu. imo, i c as much theilaxu as fremes. leeches r used more in earlier games, and fremes comes mostly later. but the most games dont be so long, thats y we c as much fremes as leeches in games.

KALONY

Exactly, but you can swap the leeches for IX and the same is true. It is more useful in early game, but with projector, you can use later too. So maybe the IX is a better all round subhouse.

But like I said before, usage of IX requires little micro form your ememy (they cant do anything about it but shut off entrance to base) but leeches can cause big problems with them having to micro to sort out problem.

Its hard for me to choose between IX and Leeches...  ???

no one worst subhouse.(but contaminator n guild maker really suck heh)

anyways

leeches good not only early game but late one. ;)

I think best usage of leeches that opponent has other base n make refinary on the new base in late game.

It is not hard demolish leech larva when early game coz players doesnt have lots of units so opponent can find infected unit easy. But late game players have to concentrate on manage to control mass units for fighting, when fighting some leech infect harvesters, opponent really get stressed :)

Sards + IX

Imperial sards rule. I think brennq was famous for them, and everyone uses them as they can really help win games, more then other subs. I didnt go for the other favourite, fremen, cos they are not as effective and take too much micro-ing from me. I prefer guild or Ix, I love ixing peoples asses when they dont expect it, take out whole chunks of bases.

Seriously though, there is only one house I have to have, its the sards.

same for me. especially 4 ordos elite sards are quite very useful, because they can reach carryalls, drones and whatever shit is flying above them and can be used as AA units on the battlefield.

It is not hard demolish leech larva when early game coz players doesnt have lots of units so opponent can find infected unit easy. But late game players have to concentrate on manage to control mass units for fighting, when fighting some leech infect harvesters, opponent really get stressed :)

Well said. The amount of times I get harrassed, and other do too, I am shure, late in the game with too many units and points of action they cannot hunt every harv that is infected, it can take the game away from a player.

Best thing, like many in emp, is to not let that situation arise.  ::)