The "good old days"

Do you (oldbies) remember the days when this site was pretty much the backbone of the Dune games community? It had the only active Dune games forum and we were all hardcore fans...

But now only few people post here. What can we do to get all those posters back? I'm waiting for ideas!

Hmmm, we could try a "Gobalopper is gone" fun topic. And delete it when he comes back. :D

good times, good times. Remember the people who used to be here? Havok25, fremen59, sniper and, of course, MechaDragon who probably got in as many arguements with me as Edric does with Shaddam:)

I think our arguments did a good job of defining the ideological split in the community:

1.) The more "conservative" hardcore Dune book fans

2.) The more "liberal" hardcore game fans

3.) The people who enjoy immensely the games and the Books and couldn't care less one way or the other.

(I use the quoted terms very loosely:))

Hey I am still here! This is sniper but with a new name... sorry I havn't been around for a while I was extremelly busy... and I will be gone for one and months in july/aug so i won't be able to play emperor that much. but for two weeks in june i will! i'm excited for the game, just preoreded it from eboutique. they said that in toronto here it will come in on june 13 ... i sure hope so!

anything else new?

I came in during the end of what you refer to but did not join till months later. I remember most of those things and wonder where most of them have gone. As for Shaddam and Edric I've seen siblings who fight less than you and whenever you fight its a good topic that makes me think occasionally. So in a way the "good old days" are still partially here.

Shaddam, I think we're the most hardcore fans on the FED2k forums (you for the novels and me for the games), and so we did the arguing. ;)

Now that I think of it, I realize that before E:BFD was announced, these forums were the closest we had to official message boards. You know, maybe the most hardcore Dune fan on the net is actually Gobalopper.

Speaking of Gob... I WANT MY PROFILE BACK! It seems to have dissapeared. I even looked to the members list and I'm not there. Gobalopper, what happened? I had 239 posts and I don't want to start over again and look like a newbie. If I HAVE to make a new profile, at least give me my old post count.

Edric O. I know I'm not Gob but it shows you on the members list under O. Here is your profile:

EDRIC O (ORDOS) PROFILE

Nick Name

Edric O

Status

Members Group (Activate)

Apr 17, 2000 12:16:11

Last Visit

Jun 07, 2001 13:06:03

Total Hits

5 times since: Apr 14, 2001 06:20:23

Total Posts

Last Post

Jun 07, 2001 13:23:38

Email

mtn_consult@fx.ro

Home Page

http://www.fortunecity.com/underworld/cole/1027/index.htm

>>CLASSIFIED<< - requires level 8 security clereance :)

User Image

Interests

Dune 2000 and the other Westwood strategy games

Comments

I am Edric O, mentat to the house Ordos. Visit my website!

Signature

-Edric O

OHA clan leader

So if you go to member list, click on O, your name and profile are on there. Sorry if I'm not much help

the good old days died with the aunouncment of emperor. evreone was talking so much about that game that we forgot about the never ending battle of the fav houses and the novel vrs Game discusian. trust me after evreone is seteld down the old ways will return. by the way westwood should have based the game more on the novels :) and atreides ordos forever forget the stupid brut harkonnen pigs. :)

"I want my baby back baby back chili baby back sandworm."