Bush to cut our deficit in half by 2008

I don't see how that will happen. Unless he stops spending and makes big cuts to everything. But Bush not spend? lol, how can he do that when he has several other countries to invade? ;D

http://www.cbc.ca/story/business/national/2003/07/15/bush_deficit030715.html

"Over the next few years, we will cut this deficit in half. It is a priority that we are addressing."

Dec. 2003

Yeah ever since FDR they've limited a President to two terms so he can't become too valuable that the nation would cease functioning on his death (or so he couldn't set up a dictatorship).

As for the deficit, I barked a loud laugh at reading that.  Given how much Bush has increased the deficit over his first four years, and has added more debt to the American deficit than any other President in the history of our nation.

*shrugs* I don't know why he promises on things he can't deliver after re-election.  Maybe he anticipates his brother will do it when he's elected next?  Yes I said his brother, the talking heads are currently predicting the GOP Primaries to have John McCain, Condi Rice, Rudy Guiliani, and Jeb Bush.

I think Jeb said he wouldn't run for President, at least in 2008

I doubt Jeb will run for president, I think Florida has been more than a handfull, and headache for him.... Hurricanes, voting balots, having to speak a second language, and a daughter being arrested for writing illegal prescriptions.  ;) However, Jeb and W. both kicked ass on the quick response and promises on FEMA issues alot of Floridians faced and were very concerned about. But Jeb as president? Nah.