New Cold War: 2004-????

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...

China has nuclear weapons too, you know. Besides, just like the United States, the Chinese have also adopted the market economy so I doubt there will be any threats at all. The closest thing is the conflict around Taiwan.

Last time I read, Russia and the USA had 5000 nukes each. They are both supposed to scrap about 3000 each before 2012. But since both countries are capitalistic democracies, I don't see any reason why they should put up another arms-race.

What do you mean? There are plenty of reasons! Capitalist countries love to fight each other. It's part of the quest for profits and dominance. The existence of the Soviet Union (and the stalinist bloc in general) forced the capitalists to band together out of necessity, for the duration of the Cold War. But now that the Soviet Union is gone, inter-capitalist alliances are falling apart. Look at how Europe and America are growing increasingly hostile towards each other, for example.

Remember WW1? That was the best example of a war between powerful capitalist countries.

So don't worry; the fact that all of today's great powers are capitalist market economies won't stop them from hating each other. They probably won't go to war, though, but that's because of the existence of nuclear weapons.

So don't worry; the fact that all of today's great powers are capitalist market economies won't stop them from hating each other. They probably won't go to war, though, but that's because of the existence of nuclear weapons.

Yes, well the terrorist and Islam replaced the Soviet Union, as I see it.

Strategically, main opponent of Russia will be soon more China and muslim world than USA. Strong tactical nuclear arsenal is best choice against chinese hordes. Not saying that China wouldn't be able even to track any average russian craft flying with the most primitive bomb over them.

There has always been tension between Russia and China since the 1950s, mostly border disputes and such. China's Nuclear arsenal contains somewhere around 50 to 100 tactical weapons- although all but a handful are in storage so there is not a massive threat of Chinease nukes, although that could change fairly quickly...

Strategically, main opponent of Russia will be soon more China and muslim world than USA.

Well, haven't you heard, Islam is the new enemy. China isn't a bigger concern since they have adopted their precious market economy. The real threat between capitalist nuclear states will come when all Islamic countries, and possibly the European Union, has been destroyed.

Europe is becoming more and more liberal, though we do have corporations that oppose US invasions, most probably because of them making deals with foreign dictators.

However, I believe Islam is their priority nr. 1 as of now. We'll see about the EU later :) ...

Well once they innvade and conquer all of the Middle East, they will have a pretty good base of operations to invade Asia and Europe.

We know for a fact that they are building military bases in Afghanistan and Iraq. The puppet presidents will allow USA to do whatever they please with their coutries.

It is sickening.

If you cannot defeat it, join it...

destryr_m.jpg

Enough imperial allegory, USA won't have no idea to destroy EU. There is no meaning in it, they are trying to spread their civilization, so why should they destroy a close one? With who would they trade them, with Iran? India? Russia? Who sees american expansion as threat to EU, doesn't understand minimum of geopolitics.

destryr_m.jpg

Enough imperial allegory, USA won't have no idea to destroy EU. There is no meaning in it, they are trying to spread their civilization, so why should they destroy a close one? With who would they trade them, with Iran? India? Russia? Who sees american expansion as threat to EU, doesn't understand minimum of geopolitics.

Well said! in any event I might be staying with some reletives in Cork and Essex so such an invasion would be a tad bit interuptive to my visit. ;D

• 2 weeks later...

Oh well, guess America is slowly taking over the world (already seems to have made much progress economically,politically and socially taking over the world.... perhaps it will soon be time for a military invasion? Once enough territory is gained through political excuses for attacks, would it be possible for America to make yet more territorial gains on perhaps more serious foes (well than Iraq and Palestine, whose militaries are generally seen to be be weak and feminine:D)

I don't think that their is that much to fear. Mutually assured destruction has made invasion of some countries impratical (not to mention that invading some countries is not profitable and would not serve population mind-controlling techniques when seen on the news). However, I would not be surprised if the stronger countries started carving up the weaker ones for themselves...

Well once they innvade and conquer all of the Middle East, they will have a pretty good base of operations to invade Asia and Europe.

If not Europe is in their command when that time comes. I hope it never will have to come to that. Do mind that we have the alien invasion of 2012 to worry about too :D ...

We know for a fact that they are building military bases in Afghanistan and Iraq. The puppet presidents will allow USA to do whatever they please with their coutries.

Another theory is that those countries will serve as the American gulag. Afghanistan is turning more and more into a drug-state, the opium business are going well last I heard...

...and destroy it from the inside.

Enough imperial allegory, USA won't have no idea to destroy EU. There is no meaning in it, they are trying to spread their civilization, so why should they destroy a close one?

Oh, they're not out to destroy Europe. They want us to agree to whatever the US want to do next - they're centralizing control. Once we have a total European Union it'll be much easier for the EU government to control it's people - thus centralized control.

With who would they trade them, with Iran? India? Russia? Who sees american expansion as threat to EU, doesn't understand minimum of geopolitics.

The point of control isn't to trade or have relations - it is control. Once the control is establiched there'll be no point of trading.

Oh well, guess America is slowly taking over the world (already seems to have made much progress economically,politically and socially taking over the world.... perhaps it will soon be time for a military invasion?

On the contrary, there are no need for a military invasion if it is not absolutely necessary. Taking over silently behind our backs while we're totally focused on trading, shopping and destroying our environment - a much sparing tactic.