Nirvana: With the Lights Out

Andrew

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1493309/20041029/story.jhtml

http://www.mtv.com/music/special_features/nirvana/

Wow, this box set looks like it would be good to have for any Nirvana fan that has $70.

Lots of Unreleased songs (68) and I'm pretty sure there are some "new" songs on it too.

Comes with some unseen video too. 60 page full color booklet.

http://www.nirvanabox.com/

You can watch a preview of what there is to see on it.

Live! Sold Out! Tonight! was a great video, I can only hope that this box set will be better, once I can get my hands on a copy. (Maybe the library will get it.)

Funny in the preview it asks "What might the last great band have sounded like next?"

My question is has there been a "great" band since Nirvana?

• 3 weeks later...

Personally, I do not listen to many bands. But since Nirvana... there are quite some good ones. If you're talking about rock bands, that is.

Rage Against the Machine is good, solid stuff.

Guns N' Roses is also good.

But older stuff is of course equally good, if not better. Like Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple... The Beatles ;D

If you want to talk about stuff you can hear on the radio today, I guess you should stick to Radiohead and The Darkness. Almost everything else is crap IMO.

Is that look because of the frontman or because of the music? If the reason is the former, he doesn't behave like... like... like that in other videos. If you just can't stand him, listen to the music.

If it is the latter... well... you're probably a Linkin Park fan. ;) (no offense, I was once an LP fan but now I detest them).

umno rage against the machine is far from punk, punk is the sex pistols, the clash, flogging molly, greenday, old AFI, the distillers, the casualties, and rancid.

rage against the machine is just rock, like the offspring, audioslave etc. RAtM are not punk at all, they don't even sound like punk. If you want an awesome punk band then check out rancid.

and never ever ever compare a fire inside to good charlotte! >:( AFI is one damn good band while good charlotte is crap.

linkin park is just rock, I don't care for them at all but whatever.

gun n rose is hair metal like motley crue, bon jovi etc.

back on topic. . . Nirvana is the only grunge band I like, they're just classic. Dave has truly moved on; being in the foo fighters, queens of the stone age and also doing the drumming for tenacious D. He's truly a fine musician

Linkin Park does not deserve to be classified as rock... it's like Evanescence, but oh well...

Sorry, my bad. Rage is Funk/Hard Rock. It works both ways.

Yeah Guns N' Roses is Hair Metal, but Metal and Rock are very similar, so normally we place them together. Think Black Sabbath. They are not solely Metal. They're hard rock too.

Linkin Park --> Posers (IMO)

The Darkness --> Hard Rock

Good Charlotte --> Punk Pop (the real punk rock are the ramones, sex pistols and RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE!!)

Considering that you think of The Darkness as Hard Rock....im not too worried about your opinions. :)

I don't understand why people think Linkin Park are posers? Who are they trying to pose as? They're playing some damn good music, Reanaimation being my favorite album, and they look like they're enjoying it all. Get off your immature, poser-calling, "real"-oriented arse and just enjoy the music for what it is.

I don't understand why people think Linkin Park are posers? Who are they trying to pose as? They're playing some damn good music, Reanaimation being my favorite album, and they look like they're enjoying it all. Get off your immature, poser-calling, "real"-oriented arse and just enjoy the music for what it is.

You mean commitee-made corporate rock?

I don't hate them, but I recognize them for what they are.

Not as bad as Limp Bizkit (Dude, stop yelling against "The Man."  You are "The Man"!) but we sure as hell arn't talking Pearl Jam here.

Did linkin park play at local bars and stuff before they were big? How long before they made it big? Did they make a CD that did not sell well before making an album that sold many?

If they were making that music before they were bought up (like any band) by a music company, then there is not much of a problem.

Did linkin park play at local bars and stuff before they were big? How long before they made it big? Did they make a CD that did not sell well before making an album that sold many?

If they were making that music before they were bought up (like any band) by a music company, then there is not much of a problem.

How is that relevant when all you have to do is listen to their music to determine if you should like them or not? Is it principle?