Unable to Create 3D Device!

Guest Skeletal_Lord

Guest Skeletal_Lord

First Fatal Error is

Unable to create 3D Device

followed by a Microsoft Visual c++ Runtime Library window saying...

...Runtime Error!

Program: C:/Westwood/Emperor/Games.EXE

abnormal program termination

anyone else happen across something like this? oops! I have a Voodoo3 3000 AGP video card. Not for long however. Still, Direct8 installed, aw heck. Anyone?

Guest Skeletal_Lord

I downloaded the latest driver for the Voodoo card, reinstalled DirectX8 and still that damn "Unable to create 3D Device"!

Guest Skeletal_Lord

Yup. Downloaded my card's latest driver, reinstalled DirectX8, added -C to my target line, nothing, nada, null.

Almost looks like Dune doesn't support Voodoo3's?

Well I have a similar problem, the game loads but it crashes/reboots way too often. I have the latest drivers etc but it doesn't seem to help. I think there was some threads about the voodoo 3 on the official boards, you might want to look there. Just do a search and you should find it. Haven't heard anything about your card though zopak.

Guest Skeletal_Lord

Been there. Looks like a huge problem too. No word from Westwood, 3dfx.com just went off-line (taking thier drivers with them). Only thing I can say..."nutbunnies".

Guest Draken

Well im not sure the game supports Glide..

Wich means your voodoo card is like useless..

Why o why couldent WW used OpenGL insted of D3D...

I rember the times when the programers could program..

Guest (HoD)LiquidRaven

AND THE SPICE FLOWS

to fix my voodoo 3 prob...i went to the xemployies of 3dfx page...i got the a beta driver...runs pretty good.a little slow down, buts thats to lack of ram...id prob get shot by u guys if i told ya how little i had ;) well thats my solution...better hurry the site is under deconstruction

www.x3dfx.com

i was told to get v 1.05 drivers...but i didnt know bout that

also if the site goes down...i gota copy ill transfer with

...House of the Divines (HoD) shall rise from the ashes once again...

Guest Skeletal_Lord

Hey! Those 1.05 drivers really work! Um, if anyone is looking for them, try Westwood's message boards. There should be an address around somewhere. And thanks people.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Razorius

there is exactly the same error with my voodoo banshee card 16 MB - unfortunately no drivers on www.x3dfx.com - only for Voodoo 3+ (banshee is voodoo 2)

please help me guys!!!

Razorius

Guest Razorius

I now got the latest drivers installed --- no use --- 3dfx-banshee and dune dont seem to be willing to work togehter ;(( any recommendations?

system: athlon 550, 128 MB RAM, creative blaster banshee pci, awe32

raz

my comp is so slow. i have to turn evrething of just to play.l the movies are horibul. example the..tel..u....will............erv........idder.......emp.....worm........ ahaha.....hah......what should i do???????? some times i can see one movie but the next will die