Between "House Corrino" and "Dune"

styx

I have just finishing "house Corrino" for the 2nd time and have started reading Dune again (no good books around so back to the start of Dune).

At the end of "House Corrino" Paul Atreidies has been born and House Harkonnen has been found guilty of spice hording on Arrakis (and thus has lost the fief on Arrakis)

At the start of "Dune" Paul undertakes the test for Human:Animal and passes - he is ~15yo and House Atreidies is about to take up the feif on Arrakis.

Who had the fief on Arrakis for the 15years between "House Corrino" and "Dune"

Or is this anopther one of those nice oversights on the prequals.

If it is I find it quite ironic that in the prequal Andersonn:Herbert make a point in the timeline to point out an error in F.Herberts writing (to do with Shaddams rule) But they then go and make loads of mistakes

Best one (I think) is at the start of Dune (the 1st book of all books) it is mentioned the Paul is born on Caladan But in "house Corrino" the book that is so-called just before "Dune" Paul is born on Kaitan.

There are lots of other inconsistancies in the prequals but that one is by far the worst.

--BACK ON TOPIC--

so who ruled Arrakis?

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with you that there are inconsistancies, but not here.

See, the harkonnens still controlled for a bit longer, and then there was a change of power. It takes a few years for the transition, hense the use of the Judge of the Change. It doesnt seem inconsistant to me, because though the harkonnens did get in trouble, and were replaced, it does take time for a transition to take place, years in the making for such a move of a house.

• 2 weeks later...