Need suggestions....

Shiroko

Honestly, you all miss the point.

I don't need a leader to eat pretzels ride segways and speak with excellent grammer.

Sure those can't harm. But I'm willing to give them up for some more important leadership qualities.

Decisivness for example, and the understand you don't know what's best, so you better count up on your advisors.

I've seen much more intellectual and smart people do a lot worse.

Brains is not the most important thing for a leader, even if it would seem like it at first sight.

-Shiroko

(Oh goody, now we got the board going)

I've seen much more intellectual and smart people do a lot worse.

Brains is not the most important thing for a leader, even if it would seem like it at first sight.

It bloody well helps having a leader with brains. He may as well be a figure head and let his advisors run the country the way you speak about him.

(isnt this more PRP then FAQ ? maybe you could make a FAQ up about Bush...hehe)

He needs to have good advisors, and count on them, his main importance should be in deciding on which way he'll take. He doesn't need to figure the way, he needs to choose based on the pros can cons of each. And that's more a personality question than brains. (Though if he is plain dumb that's too much, and Bush is not dumb as a lot of people think)

-Shiroko

Coming soon:

The Complete Bush FAQ!!!

You have to have the brains to work out possiblilities, reactions and effects of your decisions. A bit like chess I guess.

It takes intelligence to do that. I have seen Bushman, as I like to call him, show less intelligence then the average person.

Probably would have to name the pieces after Disney characters to help him remember what they are, and a few advisors to tell him where to move. A subtle "uh-uh" & "ahem" placed in the right time by his advisors before he can play, but after all that....yes. Maybe.

Yes, I've also seen him show more intelligance than the average person.

And imagine you have a chess game, where 3 excellent chess players advise you, and simply tell you what could happen from each choice. You no longer need the big brains to calculate anything, you just need to decide what fits you.

(I see this chess analogy will be great....)

-Shiroko

So why isnt chess played like that ? Why do I not front Gary Kasporov and let him advise me ? Because I would be a body moving chess peices around, and he (Mr Kasporov) can do that himself. So why would someone need to have a bush at the top of government ? Why not let someone with brains take the riegn and have the advisors advise him (new person with brains).

Chess is a good analogy, it seems so far.

Would you enjoy playing chess with 3 people telling you what to do? Probably different things? No, and chess isn't a teams games.

More important qualities in a leader is charisma, loyality, bold and not too egomaniac. Since I've seen prime ministers doing tons of mistakes because they thought they know best. Sometimes knowing you surely don't know best, can only help.

-Shiroko

No, and chess isn't a teams games.

I thought chess was a good analogy.

charisma, loyality, bold and not too egomaniac

If you want a front man who cant make decisions and has them all made for him.

I am not against advisors, and think Bill Clinton was fine, with his advisors. It Bush I cant understand.

Intelligent political advisors remain in the background so they can keep advising year after year, election after election, and can focus their time on thinking and analysing. They need a front end to get elected who can spend his time acting popular.

Doesn't that mean though, hat you would need to have a 'front' with brains, considering s/he will have the right to veto any of the plans/ideas of his/her advisors ?

• 1 month later...

I thought of something nice you can do to bring some life to this board shiroko,

there is a game called "the 3 word story", someone needs to start a story and others complete that story by using 3 words each time (a person can't write twice in a row).

If you like the idea you can start a topic for it.

Ophirus.