SPLIT SCREEN

Executer

Hi Executer

We have virtually the same computer, but you have a better sound card, we have the same motherboard, same procesor and the same FX5200 graphics card, the only difference is I have Bios version 6.00 you have Bios version 1.00 maybe you could update this.

Shy  ::)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Executer

Im not sure what country you are in , so I cant give you a direct link to your bios, but go here, http://www.msicomputer.com/ this is the American site, when your there choose your country from the drop down list, if you are American, click the link for the download center, and the updated bios is there, there is alao instructions on how to update it, if you can find a download called "live update 3" download this and it will automaticaly update your bios for you.

Shy  ::)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Hello,

New to this board, but not new to Dune 2000 :) I have two computers, one with XP Pro, and one with Vista Home Premium. The XP machine loads (and plays) the game perfectly. However, with the Vista machine, I get this:

dune.jpg

My laptop is a Compaq Presario V3817AU. I've tried to get it going under Windows 95/98/XP compatibility modes, I've tried with 256 colours...but nothing seems to work. I think this is a problem similar to the original poster of this thread.

Anyone able to offer any advice? I'd love to be able to play this on my laptop.

Thanks in advance :)

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

I have:

athlone1.9+

Ge force 5500 XFX

Nvidia k7n2 delta 4.4

win XP sp2

everything is all right but i have problem with split screen,I did everything you think ;D update my VGA driver,install patch 1.6,compatibility mode,add command in target line "-f" and

"-g",and...I cannot remember the others!none of them work.its drive me crazy :'(

please help!!!!!!

sorry,I`m not good at English

• 4 weeks later...

My laptop is a Compaq Presario V3817AU. I've tried to get it going under Windows 95/98/XP compatibility modes, I've tried with 256 colours...but nothing seems to work. I think this is a problem similar to the original poster of this thread.

Anyone able to offer any advice? I'd love to be able to play this on my laptop.

I have the same split screen problem. I have a Dell Inspiron 531 and a Samsung SyncMaster 940N monitor.

You can correct this error that:

In the main menu, click "GameOptions/8 bit graphics".

You're right, that worked with my screen to. But only in the game, since the menus are still in 16 bit. It seems like when I use the 8 bit mode the 640x400 resolution works so that it doesn't revert to the 640x480 resolution, that always seems to result in the strange 'split screen'. I checked that the 8 bit resolution is 640x400 by taking a screen shot with the Print Screen key. Because my monitor's On Screen Display could not be trusted, it showed 640x480 for both resolutions. Probably because it's not designed to be able to display a 640x400 resolution at all.

I can run the game in 16 bit in a VMWare installation of Windows XP or with Windows 98 in Virtual PC 2007. It works pretty well in both of those. After I added a custom 640x400 resolution in my NVidia Control Panel I could also use the 640x400 resolution normally. But it's a little unpleasant to always have the big borders that this solution creates on my monitor. Because it doesn't have any manual stretching option like most CRT screens have. And I could not find any driver level option of manually stretching the picture either. So unless I can patch this game somehow I'm stuck with the big black borders and a bad aspect ratio.

That led me to start this Google Code project with the goal of making a loader for this game that can intercept the DirectDraw viewport functions to increase the output resolution and change the aspect ratio to full screen. It can already do that for Final Fantasy 8 (2000) but I could not get it to detect the ddraw.dll call. Does anyone have any ideas about that? I'm just mentioning this project here since I posted here before, but I'll move the main discussion about this loader to the Dune2K - High Resolution because it has already mentioned some advanced attempts to fix this game.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...