2004 Presidential Debate (Live)

Those common folk are the same people he is attacking. (Or he said facing a group of folks.)

no no he isnt attacking the "common folk" ..  *we* are the common folk... the people he is attacking are  that other group of *evil* terrorist folks.

Trust me.. him using that type of *twang lingo* really makes him beloved by westerners and southerners.... which is the main meat of his voters.

Somehow, I think people are a little bit stupid when they believe Bush is right. He may say things simple and easy, but that's not how thing's often work out.

By speaking simple and directly, towards any kind of problem, and providing a simple and "sound sounding" solution, Bush seems to decieve people with no bigger interests, into his way of thinking, which can be a little scary.

I'm not saying that everything that is simple is bad or decieving, but people can use it to do just that - decieve.

(gun wounds that link dosnt work)

Personaly i thought that Kerry came up on top, I really like the part where Kerry was like "curently we are stoping nations of the world from getting nukes...while we are researching bunker busting nukes.."

Bushs responce "missle defence system.."

My question is who do we need missle defense from? Russia is our ally, china is more woried about taking our jobs then launching missles at us, and half the speach was about how to keep north korea from getting nukes...

sealed the deal for me there..

North Korea is not as far from United States as you might think, only the ocean separates them from the western coast pretty much. If they develop fairly simple medium range ballistic missiles, unless they already have those, their nukes can easily reach the western coast of US - California and LA for example.

And of course, they can launch a nuclear missile from a nuclear sub or simply smuggle a nuke into the territory of US itself and explode it internally. If Kim Jong set his mind to nuking the US, he could easily accomplish that mission. If US went to war with North Korea, they would be doubly screwed - difficult war with a heavily militaristic population and internal nuclear threats. I doubt this is something anyone really wants.

North Korea is not as far from United States as you might think, only the ocean separates them from the western coast pretty much. If they develop fairly simple medium range ballistic missiles, unless they already have those, their nukes can easily reach the western coast of US - California and LA for example.

And of course, they can launch a nuclear missile from a nuclear sub or simply smuggle a nuke into the territory of US itself and explode it internally. If Kim Jong set his mind to nuking the US, he could easily accomplish that mission. If US went to war with North Korea, they would be doubly screwed - difficult war with a heavily militaristic population and internal nuclear threats. I doubt this is something anyone really wants.

I disagree. The US' radar and satellite capabilities would prevent any such occurrence. Missile defense is also on the US' side. It's not that easy anymore.

Well smuggling in nuclear weapons is a lot trickier than making bombs in your garage. The FBI and CIA have departments for fighting against this kind of terrorism, but of course there's the possibility of it happening. What you were also referring to were missiles and nuclear subs, that kind of weaponry is defendable against.

Well smuggling in nuclear weapons is a lot trickier than making bombs in your garage. The FBI and CIA have departments for fighting against this kind of terrorism, but of course there's the possibility of it happening. What you were also referring to were missiles and nuclear subs, that kind of weaponry is defendable against.

I do believe I talked about both kinds. Reread my original post before you argue with that. Oh, and the FBI and CIA have proved themselves to be pretty incompetent in the recent times.

Another thing is that the SDI hasn't be set up yet completely, though of course it is in the works. The entire coast of the US is not protected and a short or medium range missile is not easy to detect at all.

I do believe I talked about both kinds. Reread my original post before you argue with that. Oh, and the FBI and CIA have proved themselves to be pretty incompetent in the recent times.

Another thing is that the SDI hasn't be set up yet completely, though of course it is in the works. The entire coast of the US is not protected and a short or medium range missile is not easy to detect at all.

I know you talked about both kinds, that's why I said "you were also referring to." Whether the FBI and CIA are incompetent or not they still work on counterterrorism in domestic territories. Smuggling in nuclear components is a lot trickier and easier for FBI and CIA to detect than a group of Saudi Arabians and other nationalities learning how to fly commercial airlines, which I assume is what you are pointing at with regards to incompetence.

And the problem with sending a short or mid-range missile is you need a platform for shooting it into the atmosphere - the vessels of which can be detected as enemy vessels and can be destroyed.

Oh, and the FBI and CIA have proved themselves to be pretty incompetent in the recent times.

What's that old line...on a movie once...

"The less you hear about us, the better job we're doing.  If we make the news, we've failed at something."

Hey, anyone heard of http://www.johnkerryisadouchebagbutimvotingforhimanyway.com? Yes, it's a real site. Check it out... there rests my opinion.

Bush came off as ridiculous to me... what's with the "it's real hard work" line being repeated? Hello, running a country is by definition difficult... it doesn't inspire much trust in the prezzy if he keeps saying how hard it is. And I dunno how hard it really is for Bush himself... but we won't go there, will we?  :D

Bush just had the strangest laugh I've ever heard from a politician... anyone else catch that, or was I hallucinating?

I noticed! It was only a step away from the evil Muaahahahahahaha... It was more of a "heh, heh, heh..." *snicker* :D