Mozilla FireFox

Get a faster connection  :P

Ultimately I guess that will be the way to get the best speed boost. I would guess the boosts we get like this are minor compared to being upgraded free of charge by Blueyonder  :P

I made the change, and am not shure it made much difference. But I didnt do the last change, like the guy on the page says, it can take longer to display the whole page like that...

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know if it is possible to get the AutoDesk Mapguide to work fully in Firefox?

I can get one of the functionalities to work (the open small window to view map), but the one I like the most (full sized window map with checkable items) does not work. I installed the netscape 5.5 version or something. It says it does not support netscape 6 or up.

I use it to view maps on www.gov.pe.ca

http://www.gov.pe.ca/maps/index.php3

My guess is the software is just not compatable with firefox. But any tips are welcome.

Ew

http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?threadID=367827

• 1 month later...

Its not that secure. It allows the installation of ActiveX controls by default, just like IE. :- And yes I know you still have to click 'Yes, Install' but people are dumb. (Actually I'm not 100% I'm right saying that... maybe FireFox doesnt allow install by default :-X)

And I can't get it to open links as new tabs... it always opens them as new windows which is annoying. Maybe someone can help? :P

Go into options then look at my image. May not be exactly the same as I have tabbrowser preferences extension installed.

And it is secure. I get less spyware, and I have not seen any popups like gator that ask you to install their spyware.

[attachment archived by Gobalopper]

Hmmm, one more question though...

Is there anyway in keeping the favorites in mozilla and the favories in IE the same? I.e. so i dont have different lists? The reason I ask is because I like to use the 'Favorites' menu on the XP Start Menu and it displays only IE favorites. Is there a way to make mozilla save its favorites to the IE Favorites folder automatically?

To save it auto, I don't think so. But you can import IE favorites to Firefox.

Check the extensions page.

Extensions I have installed:

ForecastFox

Mouse Gestures - although I have not used it lately

Adblock - a must

Download Manager Tweak - a must

Tabbrowser Preferences

IEView - in case a webpage does not support firefox, or you want to edit your own html files.

Foxytunes - shortcuts for media players

Spellbound

Mozilla Calendar - do not use, but some year I might.

Do you have two firefox things in the add/remove programs in windows settings?

I've heard the installer is buggy and stuff when updating. And I didn't want to wait for the auto update (was like 5 days after it was released), so I uninstalled and installed the new version.

Do you have two firefox things in the add/remove programs in windows settings?

I've heard the installer is buggy and stuff when updating. And I didn't want to wait for the auto update (was like 5 days after it was released), so I uninstalled and installed the new version.

I only have the one, still the 1.0 actually.

And kyouta, if you are in GB, then I am suprised you didnt get the update the same day I did. It just offered it to me in a small popup box: "An update is available..."...etc... I am using the GB version.

Having said that, the one at work updated but not the one at home...so maybe anytime soon...or maybe it will not update and is buggy like that ?

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah I got versions 1.0, 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 listed in my add/remove progs ;D

Everyone does it. I got about four Acrobat Reader entries for 6.0, 6.0.1, 6.0.2 update and so forth. Its messy, but doesn't actually mean four sets of the software are installed.

Thats exactly what I meant, using the scalpel to point that out, you would have to carve it out of there. Of course many apps can help you do that.

Or you could just leave it there until the next format-reinstall  ;)

/...erm...normal bloke !

Firefox rules!  ;D started using it 1 year and a half Never Looked Back.  tryed to get my friends to use it but they like IE better  >:(  Can't wait to see there faces when there system crashes >:D

- vidi