i love dune and all but damn this.....

zhahaman2001

Easy. Look under Dune 2000 downloads on the main Fed2k site. Aud2wav (and wav2aud) is the utility you're looking for.

Take your music, convert it to wav format (check the wav2aud readme for the frequencies and suchlike), and then use the wav2aud converter on them. Go into the d2k music directory and replace the music there with your auds. Use the same filenames as the d2k music.

As I recall, d2k's controls were much more limited than even C&C/RA1. The engine was different.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sorry Nema to correct you, but it's not under Dune2000 downloads. It can be found on this site under Downloads/Other/Audio. I do not wish to offend you, but I had to correct this, because it took me a few minutes to find it and I just want to save time for others.

• 1 month later...

Hm? Hm.  ;D    lol

I'm not a rocker, I want to be a rocker. Oh well. But I do like rock music. I won't mind rocking on Led Zeppelin while launching a Harkonnen strike on a puny Atreides base that has no turrets... but you know, Dune2000's music blends with the game better. You get the 'Dune feel'. Know what I mean?

I think the mp3s on Fed2k are excellent, I have no problems with them. (Only one song misses a few seconds of music in the end.) Those are the files, which went out to an Audio-CD, and if my picky CD-player can read them normally, everything can.:)

gunner154: there's a program on Fed2k, called "Aud2Wav." With this you can convert .aud files to .wav files. Here's the link:

http://www.dune2k.com/?page=files-dune2000&show=audio

I checked it and it really works!

• 4 weeks later...

Well, it's a big fat pain in the A$$, but it can be done. First I used The Micro$oft Window$ $ound Recorder to convert the WAV file from stereo to mono, and I also had to increase the play speed by %100. Then you take your WAV file and convert it to an AUD, using the tool mentioned above.  Replace the AUD's in the music directory with yours, making sure to maintain the same file names. Please feel free to ask me for assistance, if you need to.

thenoisemakr@yahoo.com

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...