a interesting question...

"Paul Atreides was a hundred times worse than Shaddam IV ever was. He even likened himself to Hitler and Ghenghis Kahn, need I say more?"

Wow... That's what I always say! You read my mind, Shaddam. Did you eat too much spice lately? :)

Oh please your are killing me Maud'Dib revenges his fathers death by taking control of Arrakis yeah a few Harks get killed, wild Fremen running all over the place, Shaddam IV gets dethroned and Maud'Dib controls the spice. And Leto II your too harsh on him so what if he hoarded a little spice, cuts the Bene Gesserit almost out of the picture and kills a few gholas the Golden Path had to be ensured. Hitler nor Ghenghis Khan were avenging deaths of either of their families maybe when Paul was liking himself to either of these men it was certain aspects and what those were would be is very debatable. I still can't see why Maud'Dib and family are the bad guys.

Fedaykin, don't you understand that Paul's legions killed BILLIONS of people? If that doesnt make him evil then nothing will! To say that Paul is good would be like saying that Hitler was a kind and gentle leader!

Edric :) I do understand and very well I will add. Taqwa is what the Fremen wanted from the enslavement they had endured. [pre]What is the cost of that longing for that freedom?[/pre] Paul is evil because he waged war against those who ordered/plotted his death with no justisification? Paul Maud'Dib is a character in a book Hitler was a real life monster. How many have the Ordos, Harkonnen, Bene Gesserit, Tleilax killed and need I mention that Shaddam killed his own father to sit on the throne( although that is nothing new with Imperial dogs and the like of them). So see I do understand.:)

You're missing the point Fedaykin: he started the whole jihad that killed BILLIONS of innocent people! Keyword innocent!

He didn't wage war against just the people who killed his father and plotted his own death, he was responsible for the women and children that were butchered mercilessly by his legions in the Jihad. Shaddam IV never initiated a Jihad, but he forefathers did with the Sardaukar.

Paul knew what he was doing, knew he could stop it, and didn't. He was evil to the core.

(yawn) I wonder how I could have missed that point it's like written in capital letters.Paul Maud'Dib killed billions yeah, yeah whatever:). Maud'Dib was not evil to the core ever heard of Baron Vladimir Harkonnen? I think he should be included as well I should mention the fact that there are not too many characters in these chronicles that are blameless. Well you guys have your thoughts and I have mine. (yawn)

So you finally admit you're wrong? It's about time! ;)

Like Shaddam said, there's no way you could deny the fact that Paul killed BILLIONS OF INNOCENT PEOPLE. He could have stopped that genocide, but he didn't.