Assualt Rifle Ban Expires

Andrew

So why do Americans need to be carrying around assault rifles?

In case a terrorist attack occurs? ha!

Really though. All I can see is gangs and shit buying bigger guns legally and now shooting up more people.

As stated in another forum here are some possible reasons:

to kill fat people
becausing killing just one person isnt the american way.

Proof: Bush in Iraq

to kill todays super animals, like the electric eel, and the flying squirrel
Now fellow mobs,triads,syndicates,mafiaosos are going to be getting away with walking down the street with assault rifles thats just great. Because everyone needs to be prepared if a tank comes down the street asking for trouble.

Quite funny.

I also learned that it is (or was) legal to carry a concealed gun to work. Does this mean I can take a concealed assualt rifle to work?

U.S. ban on assault rifles runs out on Monday

If terrorists make a mass invasion of north america, The US will be prepared to launch a counter attack if the military fails.

Also wouldn't this make it easier for terrorists to purchase assault weapons in america once they get there? (Since they obviously can't take assault weapons with them from Middle East.)

You know, before my birth when our state's Police went on strike, the crime rate dropped by 30% or so because all the shop owners brought out their guns when burglaries occurred.  So, now with the ban lifted, I can imagine some little old man being held at knifepoint bringing up an AK-47 on full auto.

I think about getting a flamethrower or grenade launcher for self defence. Or even a 30 caliber mounted machine gun. Who knows? Maybe I'll need them!

Now, that's a whole lot of crap. Now guns will be available to every idiot or retard. The mobs ussually kill each other, but an angry neighbor might just kill some other neightbor for ANY reason. And that's mayhem. What'll be next. Selling Apaches and tanks to the population for self protection?

Like I said before, Bush is probably a conspiracy theorist too, and because many militia types often think there are a conspiracy in their own government (to take over the world, of course), they believe that buying weapons will protect them from "the imminent withdrawal of the United States constitution".

Or something like that...

Since JFK had the mafia's influence in becoming what he was then, no reason why today's mafia wouldn't have links to Bush too... :O

Maybe they allow assault weapons but don't allow assault weapons ammunition! :D Heh, attach a bayonet at the end of your M16 and use it for self-defence. Sounds more right. :)

The right to bear arms is a very good idea, not for defence against criminals (let's face it - legal gun ownership will make it easier for you to defend yourself, but it will also make it easier for criminals to attack you in the first place), but as a safeguard for democracy. If the population is well armed, it has the capability to rise up in revolution and overthrow the government by force, in the event that the government turns oppressive and despotic. An armed populace also has the capability to rise up and overthrow an unjust and exploitative economic system.

There should be limits on the firepower you can hold, of course, because gun turrets and tanks are a little overkill. Assault weapons are fine, however. Just make sure the police has them too.