Fan maps for online play

erjin999

I havent tryed Sadja Path or Hidden Village yet, but if there is something you can capture or wrecks where you get money, or those lying units (sard, ix etc) then they are goofy map

Then I guess the game itself is goofy for you cause things you can capture or wrecks are something the missions have also... I guess the only way to satisfy everyone is to make a map were rock areas and spice areas are ALL equal in the number of pixels... and there is nothing in between opponent bases...(rocks, villages, craters...). But then, whats the fun? even the best multiplayer map has all of these elements...whats the big deal then?! Exception made for buildings available for capture.

The thing this game has best is variety... in EVERYTHING. So you can think and work it out. And good players do well both in good starting conditions as they do in adverse conditions.

You dont like the wrecks? many people plays with crates so what? its the same...  ???

Its like you hate to loose and always blame such characteristics of the map...I dont understand why...its justa GOOD game...you dont die if you loose...everyone here has lost at least once and I guess for certain has blaimed many stuff but himself. How about play for play and not take it so hard?! Be less proud and play for fun.  ;)

This game is also realistic so has I said before: "about being unbalanced but in a real world you never find 8 rock areas of the same exact size and with the same amount of natural defenses. I know its a game...[] more available spice for those smaller rocks."

I guess a nice game should be Tetris...the Perfect game! lololol You have cubes and columns and they all fit somewhere!!! Nothing more nothing less!  :D

I might do another map one of these days and have an idea about one. Maybe I try to do a more "balanced" and multiplayer targeted map.

Oh, and Harkdawg, dont take my opinion as angry as it might seem, its just something I dont understand in this fixation in "win/loose and blame everything" about many players...I guess you too.  :)

I agree generally with you, xano, making sterile maps with symetry wouldnt be good, but I think what has happened is that people have gotten used to playing a certain style on the online part of the game.

So things like Fog of War, different maps and creates and all that stuff goes out the window. Now its all about the usual settings. Which I am not 100% happy about, but I like playing so..hehe, I play any setts. :P

I want to try Living World, but I wish I could turn off the sandstorms. I find them MORE irritating than sandworms. :-

Same on me...the sand storms dont seem to "act" very normally...they always go chasing groups of infantary! lol

Now the worms are nice, they are present in the story...the strategies would change a lot! eheheh  :D

lol who said anything about equal symmetric ?!?!!?

Its goofy when there is 4 palaces in the middle of the map and 8 guild mega cannons around and 20 sardaukar hidden in the corner.

Its NOT goofy when there is infantry rocks, canyons, cool terrain manipulations / advantages for unit usage, twists

Its goofy when there is 4 wreckages in the middle that give you money, its not goofy if there is 4 civilian buildings in the middle that do nothing.

You know Patchwork Mesa ? Its an official 6 player map you get when u install the game, its got nice terrain manipulations / infatry rocks for cool fights. That is a good map, only thing is, that its too small. Great map otherwise.

Symmetric plain shit that u mention is KNife Fight, thats a crap map IMO.

I havent said anything about being symmetric equal shit like KF, or 8 equal sized rocks with equalsizerd spice field with plain sand inbetween, thats crap. They are crap maps, plain and boring

IT IS GOOFY WHEN U PUT SOME CAPTURABLE SHIT THAT GIVES SERIOUS ADVANTGES OR ANYTHING THAT SERVES THE SAME PURPOSE.

Im not talking about infantry rocks or advantage height on canyons thats cool tactical points. Its cool when there is a civilian village somewhere(Not cool when u put guild palace inthe village).

Hope this clears something

I dont see no problem with wrecks... lol The game has LOTS of it. Why is it goofy? Because you can win or loose with some extra money?! lololol So why do you play? I supose its to win or loose... So what? play again and maybe you catch the wreck ;) Just play and have fun  ;)

And about the Ixian Buildings...Most of them you cant do anything, just the Ixian mega cannon, but if you dont want it to be capturable just make that rule...its simple, I didnt even wanted to make that capturable, just wanted that building in the map because of the looks. I guess you cant say a map is bad just because of one detail that can be agreeded!  :)

Ixian cannon? I didn't remember any cannon in Sadja Path..

Well, basically, Harkdawg, what gives you tremendous advantage? On Sadja Path, there's a small Ixian base you can capture, which is above ground and unreachable to Ordos (lack of APC). The buildings are by default, not capturable unless you shoot it first. The base basically contains some windtraps and a refinery. It doesn't even have a harvester - you supply it yourself.

In Hidden Village, there's a Starport in a village that you can capture (I think, haven't tried doing that, I blew it up accidentally instead :P). And besides, these buildings actually decorate the map. They do give advantages, but how much? Well, they do provide a tactical advantage, which is far more realistic than having several Palaces at the centre. Besides, these structures can be destroyed (damage the Starport... Oops).

That should clarify things. Maybe you try the map and see how it's like :)

Sadja Path is a good map me thinks

Ixian cannon? I didn't remember any cannon in Sadja Path..

which is above ground and unreachable to Ordos (lack of APC).

yes there is an Ixian Mega cannon in bottom right. And i think you mean Harkonnen :)

Yes there is an Ixian Mega cannon in Sadja Path.

Also Hidden Village is a nice map, but only for 4 and much like knife fight, but bigger, like an 8 player map.

But gives more oportunities to the game play as there are limited spice areas, besides a central unlimited area, to each rock.

Ok ERJIN, update the list and put Sadja Path and Hidden Village as first priority maps. Rest are secondary, they can ofcourse be played, but those 2 should be downloaded asap. And there should be sticky topic made with full instructions on how to install those maps with links and stuff.

Everyone go get Sadja Path and Hidden Village from www.dune2k.com , Downloads -> Emperor -> Fan Maps

You need map packer to extract the maps!

well dawg, u might be in a mood to play special maps...no problem, but i think the most of us like to play fair maps especialy if we are playing often on that map. fair do not mean fishers plain only, it could be a fan made map also. but with equal rocks and equal spice. doesnt matters if its on each rock or in the middle.

otherwise there would start a big crying "i lost coz i had a bad rock" or something like that.

but u r right, w dont need maps with sards in it or buildings.

KALONY

fair do not mean fishers plain only, it could be a fan made map also. but with equal rocks and equal spice. doesnt matters if its on each rock or in the middle.

otherwise there would start a big crying "i lost coz i had a bad rock" or something like that.

but u r right, w dont need maps with sards in it or buildings.

KALONY

Yeah! thats what Ive been talking about... :D My answer is: read my previous posts. lol

AND there ARENT sards in the map!lololol Hidden Village has equal sized rocks... and Sadja Path hasnt but I wonder if you ever get  8 players to a game and if you do so...just play it and the next time will be better. Thats why you play it right? because its fun and you can win... but if you can, the others can win too...so someone has got to loose!  ;)

Kal, Sadja Path and Hidden Village are pretty fair maps, i do dislike the ixian mega cannon in Sadja path it could be easily destroyed , especially in the beginning.

we played today 3v3 on Sadja it was quite fun, refreshment from fisher!

WOW!!!!  :O What happened here?! Hidden village was downloaded 701?!?!?!? Last time I checked it was behind Sadja Path (599)...and it was just a few days ago!!! I guess the map is making success!

Im amazed...the map isnt that cool! (I think...)  ???