Your fav sub house/house combos

I like the Ordos with the Ixians and the fremen. The sneaky but powerful hit and run tactics of the Ordos mixed with the deception and stealth of the Ix and the powerful and stealthy Fremen is a guaranteed win if you play with some good strategy.

Mmmmm........ Now I am not in a good position to state my favorite sub house/ house combo ( since I don't have the game until tomorrow )..... But if I had to guess what could be my fav. sub house/house combo then probably Harkonnen with Fremen ( in multiplayer/skirmish games because you can't ally up with them ever in the Harkonnen single player campaign which makes good sense if your refer to the novels )and Ix. I would use the Fremen and Ix to cover up some of the Harkonnen's weaknesses ( slow speed and lack of stealth ).The Ix devices would provide the stealth portion ( the sneaky Infiltrator can really open up more clever strategies I can use in combination with Harkonnen units ). After I have some playtime with the game I would make sure to respond with a more accurate response.

Guest Albatross

Definately gotta be Ordos with Tleilaxu and Sardaukar.

Ordos infantry, on the whole, is rather weak. They regenerate, though, which is a good thing, but most of them are too sucky to make that worthwhile. Sardaukar, on the other hand, kill other infantry with wild abandon, thanks to those miniguns they tote around on their hips. The Elite Sau also helps counter other shielded Ordos weapons the enemy might be using (that laser-backlash thing). I like the Tleilaxu mainly for the Leech. Send a couple with your fast-roving packs of Tron-tanks (love those laser tanks! They remind me of the Assault... Err... RECON Bikes from C&C 1... ;) ), and you'll breed up a swarm of infectious bugs in no time. The enemy is sort of screwed since they can either beat on the Leech and get reamed by the concentrated fire of beam weapons, or they can try and hit your tanks whilst all their vehicles get infested and end up turning into yet MORE Leeches. Sending a few of those shambling Contaminators ahead of your Sau's is fun, too, since the opposing infantry will either have to kill the mutants (and get reamed by minigun fire) or try to reach the Sau as they are turned into undead slave-zombies.

I love Ordos. Fast, quick-hitting, fade-away and come back at full strength units. The only thing I hate about them is their lack of air units and lack of ANTI-air units. I really despise having to haul around an APC full of AA troopers everywhere, it gets annoying FAST.

Guest Draken

Well for single play my fav is Fremen/Sardukar. Put a bunch of Elite Sardukar at ewery spice spot then place a bunche of ky..errm..somthingy.. fremen units.. The fremen kills ewery unit trying to attack u and the sardukars kills all flying stuff..

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Hayt989

YOU can duplicate a worm that is being ridden by a Fedaykin, as for favorite house/ sub-house......................

Ordos-Fremen/Ix =Sneaky Sneaky Sneaky

Harkonnen-Sardaukar/Guild =Brute Force Brute Force Brute Force

Ordos-Fremen/IX. I was disappointed with the Fremen in Dune2k what was the difference between them and regular infantry besides be cloaked? And the IX I am glad Westwood finally decided to include some of the other Houses from the books. This only my favorite combo for the moment hehehehe:)

Guest TheQadim

I enjoy using Harkonen with fremen and the guild..Nothing obliterates a base better than a devastator rush supported by the naib teleporting tanks..

• 4 weeks later...