best strategy ever, but...

Guest archangel

Guest archangel

I think Emperor: Battle for Dune is the best strategy game that I've played in a long time. I like it because of its strategy elements (though redundant of every westwood game, but at least they're consistant). Anyway, I was thinking that if it is possible, someone should make a Starcraft mod for this awsome game (don't give me that look). Its just that Starcraft was such a cool game, but was a generation behind. The Emperor engine is far superior to anything I've seen, for balancing good looks, and gameplay without sacrificing system resources to fill the task. Anyway, that's my two cents worth, just an idea. Feel free to flame me now.

Bleh I can't stand the thought of everyone lobbing atomics at each other in a game.

And of course it violates the Great Convention which brings down the wrath of the Guild, Landsraad, and Sardaukar on your homeworld yadda yadda yadda......

Guest Crusader

Well, I like Emporer very much, but apart from the cool graphics and special effects and the great new units, there isn't anything very special about the gameplay, other than the Dune theme...

I can do 3D models and graphics but I have no idea how to mod it into a program though...

I'm convinced that if the did Starcraft II with the Emporer engine, it would be another best seller and game of the year... Starcraft was one of the best,...

I had that problem to when I got to xen. I just made sure I had all the ammo possible before I went in the transporter. I used all the energy weapons killing those monkey things in the room. I used the hornet gun most of the time and only used the ammo weapons when I had to.

I don't like Star Craft too much. It's just run 'n gun. Didn't Star Craft come out shortly after Total Annihilation? Everybody I know ignored SC and carried on playing TA. TA's graphics are much better, and it got more strategy. I mean, TA's got subs, SHIPS, aircraft (including seaplanes), proper air-to-air combat, realistic radar systems, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.