C&C Renegade

TMA_1

The graphics are not that good at all. The story is really foolish and there are things about it that are all around hilarious in their stupidity.

but if that is the case, than why am I so addicted to it? lol

I have been playing this game for not too long, and I am already almost finished with it. I mean I have played it for hours straight. The gameplay is suprisingly addictive and I really dont know why. do any of you out there feel that way at all? or am I alone on this one?

Well i would have to concur.

The graphics are not the best no. But the engine can generate huge maps, both indoor and outdoor which is realy great and there's a lot of action/moving stuff that takes a lot of your computers power. So in the end the graphics are not that bad.

The story, true is a bit standard. Kinda like Return to Castle Wolvenstein but I don't think it's that bad. At least I was interested till the end.

The game just has humor, coupled with a lot of action being able to drive in tanks etc. stuff that y ou have seen before in the C&C game. You recognise the music and well you feel like you're not alone. There's GDI tanks/troops everywhere, only in the latter missions you are always completely alone. But it's just good stuff.

nah, im sorry the patch that upgraded renegade so you could fly orcas and apaches in 3 multiplayer maps is incredible.  in terms of what you can do, it's like a cut-back version of tribes that#s still good fun, good vehicles and not as hardcore.

renegade is a unique game.  just cause it's a crap plot (which is no better than the original c&c plot anyway) and it's not picture-perfect nvidia geforce 8 amon-ra 52000 caliber graphics doesn't mean anyone should neglect it.

I really liked the idea behind Renegade. I dident mind it much either.....actually liked it. But Generals came out and that pulled me away from Renegade and then my Generals crashed and so I play BF:Vietnam now. 

The whole first/third person shooter view thing was awsome for the C&C world. I loved being able to like be there insted of looking down and just being a RTS. I wish they would pull up that idea again and make a cool game with the same idea but with better planning and design.

is westwood well and truly gone then?  what has happened to the developers?  and the bosses?  im more concerned about the developers tho, apparently they weren't that well-treated by their bosses, i think ed del castillo was only given a $600 bonus for his part in the original C&C.

Westwood got taken over by EA (including quite a few employees). Quite a few employees have setup a new company, called  Petroglyph. And there are a few empoyees who just started doing something else.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Renegade is not the best FPS out there, but it's still good. The story was kinda okay, the first few missions did not follow into one another (or at least I felt that was the case). Havoc tends to make some stupid comments that makes it sound kinda silly. But the plot about rescuing Mobius is fine. At least it's better than pokemon ;)

Multiplayer rocks. I was addicted to multiplayer for a good while. A pity barely anyone plays Renegade online today...