New Releases

GhostHunter

I ordered the Aion CE as well - definitely going to be playing it.  It's not really comparable to WoW in any meaningful way, but the Open and Closed betas were both very good. :)

SW:TOR is shaping up to be the real "WoW-killer" - very much looking forward to it, since I loved the KotOR games.

Diablo 3 and StarCraft II are also very eagerly anticipated on my part - not so sure about SC2 being three games, but can't fault anything I've seen of D3 so far. :)

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Starcraft looks beautiful and sounds like it will be satisfying to play, but I've heard alot of uncertain things about it that are not so good.  I need to play around with a friends copy and check out what editing tools they provide, and what the multiplayer setup is like before I'll be certain.

• 1 month later...

Alien Swarm was released yesterday, a free full-featured top-down shooter made by a team in Valve. Played 5 minutes of the game and I like it so far, with cool graphics and the marines sound Starcraftian.

You can play it as a FPS as well.

Alien Swarm Can Be Played As a Terrifying FPS

Damn Valve, trying to get people hooked on Steam with cheap/free games.