New Releases

GhostHunter

That looks awesome.  Can't wait for my new Inspiron 9300, then I can blast away at maximum graphics, hehe. >:D

Keep in mind that screeny is using a 5200-SE nothing fancy, and I think I had settings on low 600x800 and low textures, what I like about the game is starting out sorta like Call of Duty were you have some backup at the start, but as the game continues you eventually end up on your own. I enjoyed it just as much and more for me than Doom 3. It is not as redundant as the Doom 3 corridors, theres a whole variety of places in and under Area 51. Not to mention weapons and Aliens, abilities, scenarios, etc. Awesome game. Too much to mention but I don't wanna spoil any of it.

Well, I play now Doom III with GF5200, and on the lowest detail it looks better than anything I played it on that comp before  ;D  Can't wait for Quake IV, altough I think for it would be my 733 insufficient...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Black and White 2 is proving fun, although I do rather miss creating grain through sheer force of will. Having said that, raining hellfire and damnation upon my foes retains its old charm. Graphics are much improved. So much so that I will need to upgrade my computer in order to get the full thing (I'm thinking more RAM, possibly combined with a faster processor. Graphics card is probably still good). Also, I got the Collector's Edition, rather than the normal one (it had a black box, I couldn't resist). The differences between the two are... minimal. Just so's you know.

I also miss having choice of tribe. Oh well.

• 4 weeks later...

I have to throw a vote for Call of Duty 2, almost done with campaigns and it kicks all kinds of ass.

I like how they got rid of the need for searching for med-packs, that sort of took you away from the immersion of the game alot always trying to find 100% health before saving the game.

• 1 month later...

Creative Assembly is working on another Total War game, that will probably use an upraged version of the Rome engine. PC zone is going to run an article on it next month, but an Italian game magazine apparently has come out with the news to early and claims it will be Medieval 2: Total War.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've tried the HoMM5 demo and I must say I'm greatly disappointed. The new functionalities are great but the game has lost its classic feel. And no, I don't play HoMM4 either. I'm a huge fan of HoMM2 and 3 though (three, particularly).

• 4 weeks later...

Enjoyed GalCiv2: Dread Lords at a buddy's house yesterday, an amazing game. I liked GalCivOne too, and I must say, 2 doesn't dissapoint as a successor. Spent almost 6 hours playing it, finally gave up when the planets appeared blurred even on max zoom  ;D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I played "PREY" about two weeks ago. It was really disappointing imo. I expected much more levels playing on earth instead of walking, wallwalking or flying around all the time only in this huge space station. I also didn't like the weapons very much and the enemies looked stupid.

I just like realistic shooters like farcry a lot more than this sci-fi stuff. however I play sci-fi shooters too but "PREY" was really boring and I didn't stop playing - not because it was so exciting but to finish the game fast. the story became interesting at the end but the game was no fun. glad I just borrowed it from a friend and didn't buy it myself.

• 2 weeks later...

Emperor and my COTL mod have been pushed to the side to make way for Rise of Nations - Rise of Legends.

Enjoyed playing the demo skirmish maps and now started the full games campaign mode. Clockwork Vinci units are good fun to use, still getting use to Diplomacy, Trade etc part of the City Building Civ side of the game...

...definitely recommend it.