1280 x 1024 resolution. Possible? if so how?

Hello there everyone.

I have a question.  Is it possible to somehow change Emperor: Battle of Dune Resolution to 1280 x 1024?  So far I can only set it as high as 1280 x 960 and the screen kinda get alittle out of shape.  If it is possible can someone tell me how?  Thanks in advance.

Well, screen resolutions in Emperor are only in this format:  4:3

That means if you have a width of 1280 pixels, you also will have a height of 960 (3/4 x 1280 = 960) that is a "natural" resolution, because normally a monitor is designed for 4:3

The resolutions you can choose from in Emperor are all in that way.

If the screen gets only a little out of shape, then you can correct it with your monitor settings (different per monitor) just change it so it fits on your screen. I believe that will not effect other resolutions, because a monitor "remembers" the settings per resolution, at least... mine does...

• 4 weeks later...

damn what kind of computers do U have that u can play the game wihout lagging. I have a Athlon with 256 DDR ram, 32 mb Geforce 4 and if i want to play the game with high framerate i play it with all detail high 16 bit colors on 800x600 resolution. any higher and i experience slowdown when there are many units on screen.

i think you should set textures to medium and reslotion to 800x600

both because when there are many units on screen at once you will experience pcu slowdown :(

If you experience slow down, it might not be just because of the cpu, it maybe the graphics card. Also, if you do experience slowdown, set  the textures to minimum.

EDIT: Missed out whole parts of the post !  ??? Working too hard. More holidays !

The first step you should take in lowering the graphics to increase the game performance should always be lowering the shadows quality. You can switch them off too, and it helps greatly to reduce lag. The other settings will help too, but not as much as Shadows.

agreed, but I but I find sometimes shadows can help to select air units, and highlight air units when there are many units in an area. I find them useful, so usually that is my only luxury, shadows at minimum. Just a round blob to show an air units presense.