Traffic

Shiroko

Didn't play battlefield, and honestly, I don't get CoD's popularity, it could be that I played it when I got annoyed from FPSs. I find it very polished, and it is exactly what pointed out FPSs are becoming boring in repeatative, not to mention WWII (Games, and in general, WW3 will really give some nice ideas I guess...)

-Shiroko

You are right, my memory was coming back, but not quick enough, I was thinking of the Sega Master System version, not the arcade version.

Sega MS was single player, arcade was 2 player, IF you had the coins !  ;D

Bryorama, it was a platform hack 'n' slash type game...

Kinda abandoned it a rather long time ago. I found its multiplayer rather annoying as I would get some projectors and endlessly flood the enemy with missile tanks. It seemed to pretty much handle any possible tactic except maybe mass cloning fremen.

I play UT2004 nowadays, on random europian servers.

-Shiroko

And flooding the enemy, was that a mistake you always made, or were you sucessful ? That is unique, I dont know of anyone who can do that regularly and get away with it. I tried, and got overrun by scouts :)

So you would never consider playing online again ?  :'(

Now I remember more, the trick would be putting scouts, which will force me putting scouts and keep scattering those missile tanks. The missile tanks spot the scouts, and shoot them usually before they make too much harm. 4 projectors with a motivated players can create hundreds of units in a game. You just need to scatter them to avoid splash damage killing them too fast. You still need a real force (Usually I attacked with gunships) but the enemy's real force still have itself cut down very badly if it even arrives to your base after hordes of missile tanks (Each shoots one volley which is quite enough by me).

Sometimes I would use some minutaurus, but just for fun.

It's the only good way I know for blocking 20 gunships before they destroy all critical buildings.

I would win almost always as much as I recall, but it was not good for ladder since a rush could kill you in the few minutes you are getting the projectors. (Just like the disadvantages of every tactic based on using some technology)

Red Alert 2 was much better.

-Shiroko