serial number or an illegall opperation

Or even Drive Image is great, I use it right after I do a clean install, it saves it at the end of the hdd. then if I ever need to format or just need to clean house I use that to restore back to the clean install takes about 3 minutes, and it beats format all to hell.

I image too. Best way to keep system going. Best to do it regularly.

Thread hijack going on here, though, me thinks. Perhaps we should get back to helping scottyd0011.

If it helps, I agree with Andrew, doubt its a serial issue. Try looking at the other threads on this board for similar problems.

my computer just broke and i want to install emperor on my other computer but it wont let me start the game because im using the same serial number as on the broken computer.  if anyone knows how i could get past this problem just write back

thanks

scd31

Like Shy said, make sure your drivers are up to date. It definately has nothing to do with the serial number.

Several things:

Could the install disc be damaged? If so, download a copy from the net. (See? Warez are good for legal games as well)

Try uninstalling and reinstalling again.

Try running with a no-cd crack.

Anyway it's not your serial, if the serial is wrong you can't enter it, and if its partially right then you'll be informed when you try to play online that the serial is wrong.

-Shiroko