House ordos

tatariga

tks a lot;P

btw i intended to ask this in the previous post but i forgot,

a couple of friends of mine were arguing about this subject and one of them (he defended that House Ordos was for real) sayd that Westwood used a "fake" insignia for the Ordos cuz the one with the snake isn't the real one.

is that true also? or is the insignia used by westwood the real one? (or was it invented by westwood cuz there wasn't any insignia for the Ordos originaly?)

My question about the Ordos is how its ok for WW to use stuff from the Dune Encyclopedia, like the Ordos name, while not allowed to use stuff from the books like House Corrino.

Did Dr. McNelly give his consent for them to use the name Ordos? If not, one would think that that would be plagarism.

Frank Herbert never said anything about ordos in any of his novels. I read some site at westwood and they said Ordos was their own ceation. Don't know about Dune encyclopedia never read it, but the dune novels website said the the encyclopedia took place in another dune universe because it didn't go along with Herberts.

Yeah Frank or Brain Herbert never wrote anything about the Ordos in their novels Westwood put them in the game for their own reasons. Although after playing the games for so long I can't see the Ordos not being on the battlefield.

I never read the Dune novels. All I know is my brother and father read the official Dune books, and they said that House Ordos was made up for the games. Of course, if House Ordos was only mentioned in one sentence, it is likely that they missed it.

Of course, if House Ordos was only mentioned in one sentence, it is likely that they missed it.

House Ordos have never been mentioned, not once, in a Frank or Brian Herbert book. Not

even one sentence. they didn't miss it, its

not there.

Did anyone notice the Bene Gesserit are much like the Ordos. They are decieving, conniving, planning, strategizing, spies, sabotuers, want only their own survival, etc. Anyone else think so?

Oh and House Wallach being the House with the snake, the snake the WW guys gave Ordos? The snake is the symbol of House Wallach actually, and Wallach Ix is where the Bene Gesserit Mother School was located before Chapterhouse.