Yeeehaaa Got my DOOM 3 !

GUNWOUNDS

See,  "Has anyone bought Doom II yet."

Infact, I will link it...

Well it was there until everyone started talking about Piracy.....

I managed to get it (legally I might add) through an Import company.

I got my Doom3 today... with about a million other people. Seriously, a good number of folks on my buddy list all had away messages with the phrase "Doom3" in it. The graphics are incredible. The gameplay is simple. The story isn't too bad so far, for a game that is. They sort of tell you what happens, you know? The ambience is freaky, horrifying, and from 8 oclock to about midnight I've been playing this game with the lights out and the sun down. Oh-lala.

I'm at Communications Transfer right now. I've got everything up to the Plasma Rifle. A list of freaky stuff I've encountered will follow;

[hide]1. A naked, bloody body nailed to the cieling with stomach and torso ripped open. Freaky? He was still alive.

2. Parts where the game will freeze and you'll see nothing but fire in windows and red light everywhere. During several of these times, I've heard children's voices calling for me to help them.

3. A woman's voice whispering, "They took my baby!" when no one was present. Moments later, I could hear the baby crying. Didn't bother looking, I knew I wouldn't find either.

4. A crying civilian woman who, once I encountered her, turned to look at me. Wiping at her tears, she began to convulse. Her face turned grey, as if turning to ash. Then her burning skull and spine ripped their way through her body and began to attack me.[/hide]

That's it so far. Any freaky stories? Strategies? Whatnot?

Well so far I can only play after kids go to bed, otherwise they would be traumatized for life. lol So I haven't really got into finishing levels full force yet, cause im just blown away at the graphics. All I can say is this is one game where all shadows, setts. ect. need to be set on high for maximum enjoyment. Well to get the full killer ambience of the game I think.

Uhm, shadows are either on or off...

But I can run the game with [high] details, 1024 * 768 pixels, and everything but vertical sync and antialiasing on in the advanced panel.

Which settings do you turn on?

I have thought of perhaps trade some resolution and details for antialiasing...

Still haven't totally settled down with the graphics.

I'm the tester kind of type  :D

Anyway, I'm satisfied with what I have now.