Computer upgrade

Hi rigel6669

There is nothing drasticaly wrong with your computer, just go to m$ and upgrade your DirectX Version to DirectX 9, change your screen refresh rate from (60Hz)to(75Hz) and your colour quality from (16 bit) to (32 bit) the only real upgrade you could do is increse your Memory from 256MB RAM to 512, your pc shouldnt have any problems playing any games, update all your drivers while your at it, if you have some spare $ a new nVidea would help too, but is not nessery.

Shy  ::)

Like Shy said, nothing wrong with the processor.

I would indeed get more RAM and I would get a new video card.

As far as video card recommendation goes, I would go for nothing less

then the 5950 Ultra. This due to the fact that compared to the new cards, it already seems

to fall behind. Having played FarCry for a while and Doom3 coming up, I get the impression

that games are getting way more demanding then they used to. If you would go for the 5950 Ultra,

there wouldn't be a need to upgrade anytime soon.

I think I got that issue with my Radeon 9000. atfet i got V9.0b my C&C Generals got messed up graphics wise. I am going to look at a new graphics card.

Try the driver from www.omgacorner.com

When you have a card that hardware wise doesn't support directx 9, it doesn't mean

it can't work with it. It just doesn't use all the options.

I don't want to make another forum about this, so I ask it here. I bought a disk with specifications written in subject. I connected it as Primary Slave, under my odler 14 GB disk, which is parted into two parts. Before operation I had these parts: 4 GB were as C:, 10 GB of original primary slave, which I have replaced now, was D: and next 10 GB of parted disc were E:. BIOS even found the new disc as a primary slave, but OS (english Windows 98) did not, nor DOS. It's ment to be Plug&Play, but there is still no respond in OS from it.

98 can recognise larger HD.

http://www.plasma-online.de/index.html?content=http%3A//www.plasma-online.de/english/upgrade/tweak/fixes/fix_harddisk_bios.html

Microsoft DOS based operating systems like Windows 3.1, Windows 95 implement a file system called FAT16. This file system can only handle partitions up to 2GB

http://www.dewassoc.com/kbase/hard_drives/hard_drive_size_barriers.htm

The following limitations exist using the FAT32 (Win98) file...this equates to a maximum disk size of approximately 8 terabytes (TB)

Hope that helps

• 9 months later...

I finally upgraded my computer today with a new videocard GF 6200 256mb ddr + 256mb ram so i can play new games

------------------

System Information

------------------

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 1 (2600.xpsp2.050301-1526)