Most played house?

ZeGeR

Not rigid ? Are you shure about that ?

People will come in to such a host, then do exactly what you say you do not like them doing, dictating. Off with the LW, off with the FOW, etc. etc. But I am not so rigid. I have played, and do still play, with those popular settings.

And Navaros was also rigid. It was his choice, as it is ours, whose of us who still play, but I don

anyways...

i always hated maps that were small, especially ones where minos can overlook ur spice, and i hate symetry ( make people different  ::) )

i played 30k on the huge wipe open 8 player maps 2v2 , that was the best it got for me. i didnt want to have to play artillery wars. so if u guys are using 10k and 4v4 and small symetrical maps no wonder everything i say is wierd... btw id play but i cant find it, iv got my money in for the warhammer game, and u guys seem to think 30k was unbalanced ... lol?

for example, i pretty much broke out laughing when somebody said guild rush at 30k money. what i did, is i went ordos, got barracks, got 5 chems, 5 rockets, 5 chems , 5 rockets, 5 chems ect, got refinery ( this is general i dont think im following the tech tree cause ... i dont remember exacly what i did ) got sardaukar barracks, spammed off sardaukar, uprgaded refinery got war factory, 2 drones, 1 laser, 2 drones, 1 laser. after i had about... say ... 20-40 men id stop buildings so i wouldnt be spending 15 minutes recovering money if i lost the battle. then id go into laser tanks and litteraly forgot there was anything but laser tanks to play as :D. so maybe after 15-30 minutes of hit and run crap ( or atriedes player got a horde up ) id work on building up my secondary sub house normally guild. at this point theyv probably been hurting from my initial attack, and my killing their harvies, so niab tanks ended, if not my artriedes ally alrady picking it up.

so uh, u kinda get my point... somebody rushing guild wont even make it...

He meant he would rush you with guild and wipe ur base or ur spice or ur hoard depending on ur set up.

10k fisher plain (8 player map) 2vs2 became and still is the standard, it is probably the most balanced way to play the game (IMO).

xwis introduced a great variant 3vs3 or 4vs4 for these fisher is really the only map you can play with any sort of balance it removes some of the ally element as its hard to give stuff and allows weaker players to get a good game with pro allies. often in 2vs2 weak players got either instantly slaughtered or just churned units or spice out for their strong elite ally.

you can play any setts you want as host Nunn for a bit of variance and it does throw some players for a game but not the true elites like guns,senda cbrick etc all that happens is they cream you faster or toy with you for longer.

30k games can be a laugh but all it does is give them and even bigger edge. Think about it logically.

on 10k vs say appollo he will out produce you 2to1 he still as the same micro skills so 30k just means he can go bigger faster he will still out produce you so your just as dead. Yes you have more cash too so maybe you can get more units into the field of battle but often you wont get chance as he has no need to build up for the attack it's now almost instant.

imo u learn more on low setts than on high as you have to learn to micro 5k is probably the best for this but 10k became the standard to give us weaker player a fair shake of the dice. as 5k often were straight rush games.

personally i like to play variant setts from time to time especially 1 vs1 but 10k fisher is the standard for the most balanced game. ;)

Shure, the vets can out play us 'rookies' on any setts. I would never suggest otherwise. I cannot understand how they avoid the feeling of repetitiveness.

This is answered by this......

10k fisher plain (8 player map) 2vs2 became and still is the standard, it is probably the most balanced way to play the game (IMO).

personally i like to play variant setts from time to time especially 1 vs1 but 10k fisher is the standard for the most balanced game. ;)

Balance/fairness

anyways...

1.) i played 30k on the huge wipe open 8 player maps 2v2 , that was the best it got for me.

2.) for example, i pretty much broke out laughing when somebody said guild rush at 30k money. what i did, is i went ordos, got barracks, got 5 chems, 5 rockets, 5 chems , 5 rockets, 5 chems ect, got refinery  got sardaukar barracks,

3.) so uh, u kinda get my point... somebody rushing guild wont even make it...

1.) First of all Fishers Plains is the large symetrical map we have been speaking of all along... not a small symetrical map.. try to pay attention to what we are saying.  Fishers plains is the only 8 player map people play on besides broken plains.... and more people played on fishers than broken plains.  So i think you are confused as to which map you actually played on.

2.)  YOu are laughing about guild rush on 30k? ... let me go hark... and i can go mass buzzers and mass guild.... the buzz will own all your early ordos units... and will easily kill feds and infantry... while the guild mixed in will demolish your vehicles even faster.... and if you do a full charge out of your base... i will leave the buzz in front and teleport the guild niabs to back of your base and bye bye refineries and base buildings.  I can match your dusties wiht my buzz unit for unit and still make guild at same time... and i can hit and run your army.. or i can hit your spice or i can teleport to back of your base.... thats the beauty of guild.... i can hit you in 3 diff places while charging you with buzz.

3.)  man you are clueless...all i need is 4 guild niabs to go with my 40-50 buzz and you are a dead man.  Obviously you never fought a good guild player and you never played Bilbo30 did you? 

anyways do yourself a favor and come online instead of posting nonsense.

This is answered by this......

Balance/fairness  >  Repetitive feeling

Forgive my denseness, but I read that as Balance/fairness "is greater than" Repetitive feeling OR as balance/fairness "leads to" Repetitive feeling. Which one is it ?

From what alc is saying, I get the feeling he feels similar to myself.

yes i played with biblo30 , aka biblo faggins  ::)

me and my atriedes friend played him, hes awesome with guild but i rushed him... then i lost to him cause he beat the rush, then i lost again, then i won. my atriedes friend was master of defence so if any niab tanks warped in they were dead. me, i just had my normal horde of laser tanks that i used. so if i saw u with 4 niab id just swarm rockets at my base cause 4 niab is a joke, and dont say " im to good so u cant kill them " cause rockets will kill them 1 by 1, 2 dying before they even get to do anything. although he did build up armies of like 30 niab and still kill me. and ill still have my laser tank horde to own ur buzzsaws

and in response to ur buzzsaws, iv beaten them, dont even try to say " im to good so u cant kill them " (repeated below) cause ill just have my drones and lasers move up and take hits as my infantry rush into the cover in ur base, if u attack the infantry the tanks and drones kill ur buzzsaws, and ill just move in more infantry as i camp ur factory/barracks. because man if buzzsaws were the ubber 1337 unit wouldnt they be used every game, and itd only he hark rushes with ordos being usless?

u guys all think " im to good so u cant kill me "

btw i dont remember for sure, but biblo was good with guild, not really anything else ( he was good with other stuff, but not good enough to use them 24/7 ) and yes he did challenge some1 to a no guild thing after they said he could only guild, and he won, so im not saying he was usless without guild.

as my infantry rush into the cover in ur base, if u attack the infantry the tanks and drones kill ur buzzsaws, and ill just move in more infantry as i camp ur factory/barracks.

Not to hard to make a flameturret to BBQ all ur men and if the inf are infront of the fac as the saw come out they squish a few each time.

Not to hard to make a flameturret to BBQ all ur men and if the inf are infront of the fac as the saw come out they squish a few each time.

he said buzzsaws, never flame turrets, i would retreat if a flame turret was being built O_o then just use lasers to drain it, if not just deal with it and keep in there.

oh and btw, i dont understand how he can say 30k was unbalanced as i won most of my 30k games as ordos... and like i said, it was the most played setting. just those words alone should say its fair...

edit: and im thinking of getting this game just to play 30k , even if i lose its worth a shot to show its not unbalanced...

Forgive my denseness, but I read that as Balance/fairness "is greater than" Repetitive feeling OR as balance/fairness "leads to" Repetitive feeling. Which one is it ?

From what alc is saying, I get the feeling he feels similar to myself.

is greater than.... meaning yes it does get repetitive ... but balance/fairness is more important  and has it own innate form of "fun-factor"  nothing is more fun than playing on an even playing field.  That way your enemy cant make excuses for why he lost.  And you can know to yourself that you beat him soundly.

MORE PEOPLE PLAY ATRIEDES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

the atriedes are the coolest team on the battlefield, and always add that element of concern when u see a atriedes horde. from what i see its dust scout against buzzsaw until one player gets the money to get a better unit while still fighting.

need more atriedes

edit: not that thats a bad thing, thats often how my old games went. its just atriedes ( who defending thru that point ) would always break out in the battle and start tearing thru.

What ur empy nick Cybertrotter? :)and what time gmt u likely to be on?

Yea Nunn i like to mix and match setts and maps  ;)

I stand by what i said though 10k on fishers is the most balanced for 2vs2 or above. ;D

I can accept that, fishers on 10k is the most balanced.

Yeah, cyb, whats your nick on emp ? I can do that 30k game with ya.

hmm...reading this makes it seem (to me, and no offense meant, but i'm sure that someone's going to get offended, but fuckit it) that you are *ALL* a bunch of children pissing and moaning one way or another..i came to this site looking for somewhere to learn to play this goddamn game that's slowly taking over my free time, and when i read threads like this, my heart falls, for it seems to me that either *a* my first online partner is going to be someone who globs the living shit outta me, which isn't really fun, or *b* an veteran of three years, against whom i'm most likely to end up being flattnd by, but, this is also not soemthing that enjoyable, but at least if i get flattened by someone who's been playing for three years, i stand a fair chance of learning someting more about the indivdual unit strengths/weaknesses... and after years of playing (war/star)craft, it's a welcome change. i hope i get to see a few more people online sometime when i'm actually online... i work from 11pm to 5am(ish) EST... drop me an IM or something, cuz i've been playing SP adn would really love to play some multiplayer games and get better at this shit...

soo.. in closing to my (most likely badly worded, and with horrible grammar) post, i'd like to say that i hope to see you guys online sometime... or even a general "schedule" of sorts when you guys play, because every time i connect to the ORDS server theres no one one, and if i try to connect to teh XWIS server, i get a "Westwood Server Unavailable" message, and well, shit no ones' on WOL... plz... help me... must... play....game....

*wanders off to work*

PS: great site GunWounds... i enjoyed your satire/cynicism greatly