Is Anyone Playing Emp. On Wol?

Megashrap

Use the XWIS tool used to swap between XWIS and WOL; Manually enter the IP Address into it (top set of numbers) and press Set. All Done !

(As XWIS.net is down and I know of no other source for this tool [is it hosted here ? dune2k ?] you can only use the tool if you already have it)

Alternatively edit your hosts file... (longer and much more drawn out ! :O)

For windows XP the HOSTS file can usually be found at:

C:WINDOWSsystem32driversetc

For Windows 2k it iis by default at:

C:WINNTsystem32driversetc

For Win9X and WinME machines look at:

c:windowshosts

I say usually and all that becuase I am not shure that everyone will have their system directory/folder called Windows or Winnt. So correct it for whatever yours is.

The HOSTS file doesn't have an extension, so open it in Notepad or Wordpad as you do (Drag and Drop easiest?).

Search for an entry that reads "servserv.westwood.com"

If your text editor, Notepad or Wordpad doesn't find it, add it to the very end.

If it does exist, make shure the numbers before it look like this 62.131.170.215

So by the end, the whole line reads:

62.131.170.215 servserv.westwood.com

And now save it back.

Now when you start EBFD, it should take you to Ords server.

OMG ! You're still with us on this planet Jeff ! I thought maybe you were scared, or felt threatened by the fact that us lot were getting better and would soon surpass you in skill, so you gave while ahead.

haha now you really gonna make him get riled up.

OMG ! You're still with us on this planet Jeff ! I thought maybe you were scared, or felt threatened by the fact that us lot were getting better and would soon surpass you in skill, so you gave while ahead.

Guess I will have to come back to beat u down so ur not so confident. ;)

Got it as well, don't see anything special in it.

does you computer have old hardware?

if you dont have a top of the line rig... then you probably arent seeing it as intended.

i am blown away as is everyone i have talked to.

If you dont have a 256MB grahics card i would not recommend buying the game as it would not be doing it justice and you probably arent seeing it as intended.

Because you probably arent getting to see the "fleshy" graphics and the dynamic shadows.

Man not even soldier of fortune or Halo comes close to this level of "fleshy" graphics...... this game makes soldier of fortune and Halo look like cartoons.... and they are the only comparable games IMO.

I have Pentium 3.0 GHz. geforce 5600 and 512MB ddr. I think it's good enough for any game today. doom 3 works perfectly fine for me. Its Just that it's like any other ordinary shooter.