Discriminations in Games

Ninja_Sher

If you played Tiberian Sun you would know there is an AI named Cabal, and I think it is pun for Kaballah which is very discriminatory. In warcraft 3 there were black robes which were made to humiliate the Christian Preachers.

I loved those games anyway but I did not like the discriminatios of religions there, so I think the games should be censored proplerly to stop all the discriminations.

I don't really look at things like that as discrimination, like the guys/women over at Blizzard, they just like to humiliate anything in a funny way, like using quotes from movies in their unit responses, they even make jokes about their own games for crap sake...

And if you think Cabal in TS is discriminating you should look at the Cabal in Blood and Blood 2 where you kill anything and anyone who is Cabal... Cabalco Inc?

No, I think it's bullsh*t to say that these are discriminating expressions (either vocally or visually), I would rather say that the GLA in C&C Generals (how dare I call that a C&C game anyway), they are just supposed to be these extremists who are all over the news all over the world, for a few moments I even thought it was just evil how they are displayed in that game... Not that they aren't fun to play with, but you get my point, I think that that could be noted as being true discrimiting and hatefull.

If you played Tiberian Sun you would know there is an AI named Cabal, and I think it is pun for Kaballah which is very discriminatory. In warcraft 3 there were black robes which were made to humiliate the Christian Preachers.

I loved those games anyway but I did not like the discriminatios of religions there, so I think the games should be censored proplerly to stop all the discriminations.

Are you Canadiens crazy? Egeides was rather normal in this, I nearly thought that my picture of correctness-caring weirdland was illusive. Not saying that kabala is a mystical part of jewish religion, not a true religion. In fact, if you would dig into it, you would find that borders between religion, science, mystics and philosophy fade very easily. But that's a thing for PRP more.

How stupid.

"Well when you are speaking against an individual I think then it is ok, but when a race or a nation that is not ok ( a race might have both good and bad people )."

Why? And at any rate your claims of discrimination towards Kaballah, the Jewish sect and teachings, has been shown to be stupid and baseless.

"By the way I found a lot of other games that are not discriminatory like some. I do not know how you felt but if you played RA2 with the allies a m*r*n named carville felt disgust about a nation ( find out yourself which one, not soviet ones ). Perhaps because he missed those $2 wh*res like tanya and eva ( ok eva one less he he) and some of the women officers. But a general's attitude should not be like that in any case."

The General is a character. Any real person has prejudices and bad sides to him/her, thus any realistic character does as well. It's fictional and it is the opinion of a fictional character. Get over it.

"My request to the game makers or ESRB people is that enforce laws to make games discrimination-less or put an warning sign."

Thankfully, I'm about 99% certain you'll be ignored.

actually Cabal does stem from a hebrew word, and it does refer to the secretiveness of the Kabala. During many times in history (middle ages specifically) the word "cabal" became popular for secretive groups, and came from the anti-semetic peoples who referred to any secret society as a group that was secret like those who practiced Kabalism. Of course that is ignorant and kabalism isnt even a secret society in the first place. But yeah it does have anti-semetic roots. That has become so diluted now that it really isnt anti-semetic anymore.

"cabal - 1616, from Fr. cabal "intrigue, society," originally "mystical interpretation of the Old Testament," from M.L. cabbala (see cabbala). Popularized in Eng. 1673 as an acronym for five intriguing ministers of Charles II (Clifford, Arlington, Buckingham, Ashley, and Lauderdale). "

"cabbala - 1521, from M.L. cabbala, from Heb. qabbalah "received lore, tradition," especially "pretended tradition of mystical interpretation of the Old Testament," from qibbel "to receive, admit." "

If they censored all video games to try to stop all discriminations

we would be left playing pacman.  And even then someone would bitch and censor it because the damn blue ghost offended them. Or that the pattern of dots somehow resembled a satanic hidden meaning. ::)

Well only some of the games are really stupid, others need no censoring.

So I would presume about 85% games are discriminationless, but if it is there then it is strongly there.

To Scytale - I do not get it. England is in the allied(?) side of homogenerals.

How stupid.

"Well when you are speaking against an individual I think then it is ok, but when a race or a nation that is not ok ( a race might have both good and bad people )."

Why? And at any rate your claims of discrimination towards Kaballah, the Jewish sect and teachings, has been shown to be stupid and baseless.

"By the way I found a lot of other games that are not discriminatory like some. I do not know how you felt but if you played RA2 with the allies a m*r*n named carville felt disgust about a nation ( find out yourself which one, not soviet ones ). Perhaps because he missed those $2 wh*res like tanya and eva ( ok eva one less he he) and some of the women officers. But a general's attitude should not be like that in any case."

The General is a character. Any real person has prejudices and bad sides to him/her, thus any realistic character does as well. It's fictional and it is the opinion of a fictional character. Get over it.

Yea we all know yankee generals are stupid, but how come you become stupid and wrote exactly what I have written?

stupid and ignorant I see, Lindsey England (that's her last name) was the woman seen in many of the abu garib(forgot spelling :P) prison abuse scandel pictures

I see I missed the Lindsay part, that stupid cracked some hard bones, eh?

I think if it is that traumatic or bothersom to you, then maybe you need to take a step back towards reality a bit.

I mean think about it,you went and bought and payed for a video game (and i'm sure it didnt say Tiberiun Sun or Generals the Christian version)then want to censor it? Thats kinda like buying the playboy channel and saying the nudity is just uncalled for and needs to be censored.

I pay for a supposedly good game and if I see that it is loaded with hate -crimes well then... I guess I am :-X it as it seems they have authority to descriminate anyone.

Wasn't it Liddy England?

EDIT: Oh, and Ninja? I do hope you realize that by saying "we all know that yank Generals are stupid" that you are being just as derogatory as the games you supposedly find objectionable?