Dune 2000 A look back...

exatreide

If i remember corectly its been 6 years since Dune2000 was released. 6 years? Was it that long ago? I remember when this forum was the most active on the entire board! Alot has changed sicne then...

Emperor has came out, Westwood disolved.

The game had some awesome FMV's. Had(has some would say) A dedicated online comunity.

What are your thoughts about the game?

Do you still play it?

How do you think it stacks up against dune2 and Emperor? and other games of today.

I recently reloaded Dune2k to check out soom of its build-tree (which I was adding into my Conflict of the Landsraad EBFD mod).

It was so good to struggle to build bases (no carryalls at the start, need to use silos and build pavement tiles), have multiple enemy bases to fight/defeat and just take time to win. I often find that EBFD on most missions is over in a few minutes as you can often rush the single enemy base (especially if you ignore the mission objective).

It will always get re-installed on my PC every 6-12 months for a little respite from EBFD, and if I want a change I can always mod it as I have in the past. (Deviator troopers are great fun!).

i think dune 2000 was the first pc game i really got into in middle school (I graduated high school recently). So yea it has been that long. Before dune 2k.. my school polayed quake, dune2 and gta1. Until the school figured it was too violent for us. That was my frist lanning.

i think it will live forever in faithfull hearts.

mainly because it is true to the David Lynch movie, which is a lasting reference.

E:BFD also has the movie license but actually looks like the miniseries, which is more short-living in my opinion.

sometimes i miss a melee mode, a map editor and replay facilities like StarCraft has.

nevertheless, if you like Dune, then Dune2000 is the best RTS ever.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

but dune now have  not much ppl, about 3 or 4 per day, 3-4-5years ago here was about 300ppl lol, dune is dying, also someone going to help survive,  is not good idea but "copy CD, and give them to friends, and they will made dune full of peoples,cos if evry friend example of shygirl4 or funkmando comes here, but if funkmando have 30friends, shygirl4 50, then dune may get 80persons per day:)

First of all, there are about 25 people per day and not 3 or 4.

Secondly, it's not that simple to convince someone to play a 6 year old game when there are much better games out there...

So it's up to you and me, if you like this game, come and play on-line with others who like it as much as you do.

Oh... thats too bad!

I'm sorry to hear that AMIgaBot, there isn't much I can do I'm afraid, my entire knoledge in computers comes down to turn the comp on and play dune! :)

But maybe shygirl4 can help you, she knows much more than me and anyone else here, I'm sure she'll find something to do with your problem...

p.s. If you can't come in dune and play, how did you know the amount of people who come there every day?