Cant reinstall c&c generals game

A buddy of mine uninstalled generals and zerohour as he was getting an error that prevented him to start the zh worldbuilder to make maps.

He tried to first reinstall generals but at 100% it stops

After that he can only hit cancel and is getting errors

Does any1 know what generals or zh file ( in  the my documents folder )

is recording the buddy list and rank?

Isn't the buddy list and rank stored on online servers? If you add buddies to your list, then uninstall Generals/Zero Hour, after you re-install Generals/Zero Hour your buddy list and rank should still be the same, not reset or altered in any way.

Skirmish stats (solo player honours/medals achieved, win streak information, etc) are stored in a file on your hard drive however.

Generals and zerohour have been succesfully reinstalled but my buddy still can't run the zerohour worldbuilder program.

After the object properties box has appeared the following errors came:

- Runtime error, abnormal program termination

- Application error, the instruction at "0x21110f86" referenced memory

at "0x0c7f7260". The memory could not be read.

- Error signature ( screenshot )

How can this problem be fixed? [attachment archived by Gobalopper]

Generals and zerohour have been succesfully reinstalled

and he already updated to directx v9b

I read that Generals and Zero Hour have already been installed... I meant perhaps he should try re-installing again. ::)

Otherwise if all else fails, take a look at this thread. The problem looks similar, although not the same, you might want to bump up that thread and ask for help there.

Perhaps some runtime files (.dlls) that Worldbuilder requires for normal operation are missing, which may explain the 'runtime error'.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok I'm bumping this tread Becasue i got the smae thing again but it happened diffreantly. One day i triec to open My C&C generals Zh and got the message "insert disk one" i checked and the disk was in the drive and clean. I thought i could just insall Zh again but when i tried i found that C&C generals was missuing :O.right after that i tried to install C&C generals and got to %100 and it stoped. after that i ran my comps virus scan and got one of those free virus scans. I got 3 trojns in the proess. I'm not sure if i had a virus or a hcker in my comp. I have moved the My Docs info files onto a Cd and deleated them off my comp. I still got the error >:(. I have tried everthing short of editing the registary and Reformatting. Any help will be appricated ;D

hmm used registary cleaner cauee riggle6669 reccomened it it to me via MSN. ran it found one C&C generals file and deleted it. Got the game installed w00t :D. Now i got this purple haze and no skins on tanks and such here s a screen shot[attachment archived by Gobalopper]

• 2 weeks later...