I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

foxnerd

Well guess what nerdszzz... i got Emperor.. yeahh i just got it off of Ebay... it should be at my house in a week or so.. SO people give me some tips and stuff of how to play and is there anyone that plays online that i can look for so you can help me learn faster. ... well yup ;)

what do u mean??? what is wrong with yours man?? i havent gotten yet but i should have it in a week or so hopefully :).. but yeah whats wrong with yours.... and also what is this 3d card i have to have. do i ahve to go that buy separate... or what should i do, because i dont know if i have that or not. how do i check?

To check it you have anything in that category, right-click on My Computer, then Properties. Now click on the Device Manager tab. Finally click on the + next to Display Adapters. If you have something in there you pretty much have a 3d card. Depends though. Do that and tell me what is in it. :) And also my computer sucks arse. That should sum it up pretty much.

The RAM on your Video Card is different then the RAM on your motherboard. You may have 128mb on your motherboard but only 4mb (or 2 in your case) on your Video Card. I saw that GForce2 cards are only 76$(give or take some) with 32mb of RAM - 16 times faster than your current one, check them out.

OKkkk... i wished i knew more about this video card stuff,, but i am clueless... so when my dad gets back from work... which will be in about a week.. i will ask him.. lol we just reformatted our computer so i wonder if that is the problem.. maybe he hasnt installed all of the software.. hopefully,, because MoiDib if you are right about that 2mb of ram thingyy wow,, i am defantely getting a new computer.. lol but yeah FOX i will check up on taht ngforce thingy or whatever you said ... could you give me some more details on that... since i am like a blonde when it comes to computers.. :) thanx

I have a Pen 4, 1.3 gig,128mb ram, and a nvidia gforce2 ultra 64 mb video memory. I must say the game runs beautifully, except (even with all that memory) kinda slows down when there are vast numbers of units moving around the map. But, damn its cool looking, and fun to play, I haven't had any major problems. Be sure to check your graphic card's driver updates, at the manufacturer's website, it made a big difference in performance. Also, check out dangerousdog.com, it has a lot of interesting programs and links to improve performance, be careful, some are not "official" programs.

really,, that sounds like a nice comuter... 5 times better than this one i have now... man i have been told Emperor will be running really slow on my comp.. but for dune2k.. damn it is pretty fast... the only reason i am getting Emperor is becasue i cant get F*cking dune to work. i am so pissed and Westwood technical people sux... they are a bunch of jakazzs. :) man they just give me links they dont answer my question... damn them

I've got an nvidia m64 with 32 megs of ram (you know, one of those stripped down nvidia cards). I thought it would be good cos it had 32 megs of ram, but it's not good at all. My old voodoo banshee is MUCH better (it's too bad 3dfx shut down :().

The only reason the game has a reasonable frame rate is cos of my processor (duron 600 with 160 megs).