If you want to help save Emperor...

Dunenewt

the tribute "mod" or 1.1o patch or whatever you're gonna call it sounds very interesting.

the pics of the first mod look quite good and replacing (all) houses might be a nice idea. For mod #2: I don't like the idea of House Ordos being replaced. It might be interesting to replace all houses like the first mod will do, but in my opinion replacing just one of the 3 houses isn't a good idea... especially replacing house ordos is acutally a bad idea imho

ok, but its a great house to play.....and never forget to DONT CHANGE A WORKING SYSTEM by whatever u do. bring new things in, or solve problems with units, but dont kill all the good stuff. (but i dont know ur plany realy...its just an answer of this topic, and no offence)

KALONY

@ Dunenewt: yeah that's right, it wasn't in the books, but they are part of the game since Dune2 from the early 90's and besides they are best house to play imho. i just love them. i love their history. atr & hark were just good & evil from the beginning... but ordos are the real mean bastards with poison-gas, treachery, no loyalty and new technologies. their hearts are just as cold as their damn homeworld :D

and i like their technologies. fast hit and run tanks & scouts... self repairing units, saboteurs bla bla bla... I guess there are just too many people (if you can talk about many) who love ordos like I do, so I would never replace them - only if you replace all 3 houses like mod no.1 will do.

IMHO what we modders choose to do in our mods with the houses/units is our decision, after all we chose to invest the time in making the changes. If you dont like the mod readme, or are so emphatic in your choice of house and unit strengths then I suggest that you continue to play plain EBFD, or look to Apps mod which is looking to enhance the visual side of EBFD.

That is why I normally do NOT post in this part of the forum, as this is the EBFD players area, most of you are also dedicated on-liners (which I am not).

DuneNewt please remove details of my Conflict of the Landsraad mod from your posting. It will not save EBFD, it is my attempt to breath life into campaign play and to give myself (and any other RTS player) a new view on Dune without the "baggage" of what this house or that house must or must not do, (changes being within the constrains of what the software allows you to do).

When it is complete I give details on its capabilities and differences in the Dune Editing part of this forum, however if you love pure Atreides, Harkonnen or Ordos I suggest you give my mod a miss.

of course it's up to you what you are doing with your mods, but:

Post suggestions and what you think of the mods.

I just wrote what I thought about replacing Ordos...

so... suggestions... hmm, I really would like some missions (for single players) like mission4 - you just get some infantry and have to complete the mission with them, like infiltrating or maybe guarding a sniper to a specified location and assassinate a VIP of an enemy house. or maybe you gotta rescue comrades (sardaukar). these mission could take place on special maps like inside a palace (assassination) or on the prison planet or whatever will be possible to fit EBFD.

maybe something like that would be possible in multiplayer mode too (one player has to hinder the other from completing his mission - both have predetermined units or have an equal amount of money and can choose their "team" at the beginnig of the mission).

i wana tell u an idea. u say, that its impossible, to let the ai be allied. (btw, i cant understand it, coz inn the campaign he is...for example in the last mission). but can u give the ai more bases at start? so that i take only 1 ai, but he got 3 bases for example? so he wouldnt attack himself, but is much more stronger?

KALONY

PS.: it would be fine, if it is possible in online games to...hehe

What about giving the AI on the map his own base and then the captured bases of other Forces. Then would the AI's buzzsaw not attack his Mino.  It would seem like two AI's allied, would it not?